Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus payment

Hopeful28
Level 1

My payment status shows that my stimulus payment will be direct deposited into my checking account on April 30th. My husband's payment status shows that his stimulus check will be direct deposited into an account ending with the last four of my social security? We filed taxes with married filing joint status and my husband is a social security recipient. We did not do direct deposit to our bank account because we do not have a joint bank account so when we filed taxes through TurboTax we had our refund  put on a debit card through TurboTax. The first time I went online to get my payment it said it needed more information that's when I entered my bank account information. Then I checked are payment status days later and it said that both of our payments would be direct deposited into the same account. Today I checked the balance on our turbo debit card which is in my name only and there was $1,200 of our stimulus money deposited on April 29th. We don't owe any money and we are in the right income bracket to receive the full amount of $2,400. Does anyone know if individuals who are married filing joint are getting $1200 into two separate individual accounts  or if $2,400 is supposed to go into one account for both people.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
poolcleaner
Level 9

It looks as if you are looking for the Turbo Tax forum which you can find here. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/turbotax-support/help/03/313

This is a site for professional preparers using professional tax software.

qbteachmt
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo 

Here's another topic to lock, please.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.