Join us January 10–11 for the 2024 Tax Season and Advisory Readiness free virtual conference.
- Professional tax softwareProfessional tax software
- Intuit Lacerte TaxTap into highly powerful tools designed for complex returns and multiple preparers.
- Intuit ProConnect TaxGain added flexibility delivered fully on the cloud with nothing to download.
- Intuit ProSeries TaxGet simple forms-based screens and one-click access to calculation details.
- See all tax software
- Workflow add-onsWorkflow add-ons
- Intuit Tax AdvisorCreate automatic tax plans for clients using tax return data mined from your ProConnect Tax or Lacerte software.
- Hosting for Lacerte and ProSeriesPut your Lacerte or ProSeries software on the cloud for built-in security, automatic backups and less IT stress.
- eSignatureGet any document signed securely from any online device, all done with quick clicks inside your tax software.
- Protection PlusProtect your clients from audits, tax notices and identity theft with $1 Million Tax Audit Defense™.
- Pay-by-RefundGive your clients the option of no upfront, out-of-pocket costs and give yourself an easy way to get paid with refund transfers.
- Intuit Select Pro StaffingBuild capacity, grow your business and increase productivity when you work with tax experts vetted by Intuit.
- See all workflow add-ons
- Accounting solutionsAccounting solutions
- QuickBooks Online AccountantAccess all your QuickBooks clients, resources, and tools under one login from anywhere.
- QuickBooks Accountant DesktopGet all the power of QuickBooks in a one-time purchase accounting software installed on your office computer
- EasyACCTGain a proven solution for write-up, A/P, A/R, payroll, bank reconciliation, asset depreciation, and financial reporting.
- Training & EducationTraining & Education
- Learning, news, and insightsLearning, news, and insights
- Events and virtual conferencesEvents and virtual conferences
- For Sales: 844-877-9422
- Sign in
Why should you choose Protection Plus for your firm?
Notices and audit resolution
Our bilingual (English and Spanish) team of experienced EA and CPA case resolution specialists provide personalized support to help your client:
- • Interpret letters from the IRS and the state, and help with correspondence.
- • Give guidance on next steps and representation as necessary.
- • Research the status of returns with the IRS.
- • Reconcile CP2000s and other inquiry letters.
- • Address issues with IRS forms including Schedules A, C, and E.
- • Assist with denied credits.
- • Resolve tax debts and rejected ITINs.
Identity theft restoration
Plus, give your clients comprehensive identity theft restoration services, including:
- • 24/7 access to ID restoration advocates.
- • Notifications to banks and agencies if other forms of ID were stolen.
- • Fraud alerts on credit records.
- • Daily credit monitoring from all three bureaus for 6 months after ID theft has been reported.
Give your clients even more confidence
Give a certificate of membership to every 1040 individual client after enrolling, so they know they’re covered and how to reach our team of specialists.
Add a seal to every client’s copy of their return to remind them that they’re protected even after e-file completion.
Discover educational materials and webinars
- Protection Plus is a registered trademark of Tax Protection Plus, LLC.
- Subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions outlined in the Protection Plus Firm-Level Membership Agreement.
- The Firm-Level Program and Per-Return Program may be billed by Tax Protection Plus on a bi-weekly basis after tax filings have been e-filed and accepted during tax season; and less frequently outside of tax season. You may pay via credit card and your account will be automatically charged until you cancel. Sales tax may be applied where applicable. Using Pay-by-Refund to pay for Tax Protection Plus' membership fee is not available for the Firm-Level Program. Additional terms, conditions and limitations apply. Offers, pricing and service features are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Protection Plus membership may be canceled at any time and for any reason provided that Tax Protection Plus is notified in writing at Tax Protection Plus, PO Box 24279, Winston Salem, NC 27114 or by phone 866-942-8348, within the first 30 days of taxpayers’ membership. Exclusions apply. When you cancel, all future charges will be discontinued. Your cancellation will become effective at the end of the current billing date. You will not receive a prorated refund. Your access to the Service will continue for the remainder of the current billing date.
- EXCLUSIONS: Not included or covered with Protection Plus services are Non-resident federal returns; returns other than individual 1040, including corporate, partnership, trust, estate, gift, and employment returns; Returns in which the taxpayer or preparer had knowledge of additional taxes owed as of the date of enrollment in the Protection Plus program; Returns prepared with gross negligence, recklessness, intentional misrepresentation or fraud; Local, city, and county returns; Returns that have become subject to IRS criminal investigations; IRS inquiries related to returns that address foreign income, flow-through entities (partnership and s-corporates as reported on Schedule K), court awards and damages, bartering income, canceled debt, estate, and gift tax; Foreign tax credit, plug-in electric vehicle credit, residential energy efficient property credit, mortgage interest credit, credit to holders of tax credit bonds, health coverage tax credit, “Credit” for prior year minimum tax or excess Social Security tax or railroad retirement tax withheld; IRS inquiries and audits related to the Affordable Care Act or federal or state Economic Impact Stimulus Payments. Tax debt audit assistance requires that taxpayer meet all IRS guidelines for approval and pay all associated governmental fees.
Claim legal disclosure: Based on blind survey of taxpayers who used a tax professional in the 12 months prior to June 2022.