- Professional tax softwareProfessional tax software
- Intuit Lacerte TaxTap into highly powerful tools designed for complex returns and multiple preparers.
- Intuit ProConnect TaxGain added flexibility delivered fully on the cloud with nothing to download.
- Intuit ProSeries TaxGet simple forms-based screens and one-click access to calculation details.
- See all tax software
- Workflow add-onsWorkflow add-ons
- Intuit Tax AdvisorCreate automatic tax plans for clients using tax return data mined from your ProConnect Tax or Lacerte software.
- Hosting for Lacerte and ProSeriesPut your Lacerte or ProSeries software on the cloud for built-in security, automatic backups and less IT stress.
- eSignatureGet any document signed securely from any online device, all done with quick clicks inside your tax software.
- Protection PlusProtect your clients from audits, tax notices and identity theft with $1 Million Tax Audit Defense™.
- Pay-by-RefundGive your clients the option of no upfront, out-of-pocket costs and give yourself an easy way to get paid with refund transfers.
- Intuit Select Pro StaffingBuild capacity, grow your business and increase productivity when you work with tax experts vetted by Intuit.
- See all workflow add-ons
- Accounting solutionsAccounting solutions
- QuickBooks Online AccountantAccess all your QuickBooks clients, resources, and tools under one login from anywhere.
- QuickBooks Accountant DesktopGet all the power of QuickBooks in a one-time purchase accounting software installed on your office computer
- EasyACCTGain a proven solution for write-up, A/P, A/R, payroll, bank reconciliation, asset depreciation, and financial reporting.
- Training & EducationTraining & Education
- For Sales: 844-877-9422
- Sign in
Have more questions about Protection Plus?
Get fast answers to the most frequently asked questions.
How Firm-Level Protection Plus works
Either you or the taxpayer can reach out to Protection Plus directly at 866-942-8348. Or, open a case at https://new.taxprotectionplus.com/. See how in this video. You are in charge of deciding if the client works directly with Protection Plus or if they are there only to work with you. If there is a tax issue, you will generally need to provide a copy of the notice and the tax return. For identity theft incidents, the client that suffered the incident will have to talk to an identity theft representative about the situation to determine next steps.
If your client receives a notice, you or the client can open a case with protection plus through the Contact Us section on http:/www.taxprotectionplus.com/ or by emailing CASES@taxprotectionplus.com. They will generally want to see a copy of the notice and a copy of the return before making any recommendations, so you will provide those two documents using a secure portal. From there, the case resolution specialist assigned to your case will analyze the situation and offer recommendations going forward. If there is an opportunity to improve the taxpayer’s situation, Protection Plus will generally request copies of relevant income/expense/other verification documents so they can assemble a professional portfolio. They will write a cover letter to explain the situation and the documents included in the portfolio. And, let you approve of what they are sending before mailing it to the appropriate agency.
No, Protection Plus will only receive the number of 1040s, or 1065, 1120, 1120-S (if applicable), you complete for billing purposes. Your clients' information is completely confidential, unless and until, they wish to receive help from Protection Plus.
All of Protection Plus’s case specialists are licensed Enrolled Agents (EAs), Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), or Tax Attorneys. You decide if your clients work directly with Protection Plus, or if you are the only one who works directly with your client and leverage the assistance of the Protection Plus team on the back end.
Yes. Protection Plus has Case Resolution specialists who speak Spanish. Additionally, there are client-facing materials describing the details of the service in Spanish.
No, Protection Plus will provide audit coverage regardless of how long or complicated the audit is. They will even go to tax court, and can assist with any notice or audit until that point.
Upon request, Protection Plus will send you a marketing kit that includes client-facing materials and information to share with both prospective and current clients. Request your marketing kit at http:/www.taxprotectionplus.com/.
With the Firm-Level program, the Protection Plus Member Agreement, and a 7216 form disclosure will be printed out with every 1040 return you file. The member agreement should be provided to your clients and you should have the client sign the 7216.
Coverage details for notices and audits
Protection Plus’ services cover notices received about a tax return for three full years from the April filing deadline of the covered tax year.
No, Protection Plus will only help you with returns originally filed in the tax year for which you are enrolled.
The service covers state notices and audits for 1040 returns. For business returns (1065, 1120, 1120-S) only federal coverage is provided at this time.
Unless you opted out during enrollment, you'll automatically be enrolled for both individual (1040) and business returns (1065, 1120, and 1120-S). You'll only pay for the returns you file.
Business return coverage is only available with the Firm-Level Protection Plus enrollment that covers all individual returns.
Yes, there's an option to opt out of business return coverage on the enrollment page.
All returns filed through the end of the October extension deadline are included with the Firm-Level program. And you won't be billed until the actual 1040 return (not the request for an extension) is filed.
Your client is covered from the time the return is filed, and lasting three years after the April filing deadline of the covered tax year.
Coverage details for identity theft restoration
Your client is covered for one year after the return is filed and the preparer has paid the fee to cover the client’s return.
Yes, Identity Theft Restoration covers spouses and dependents listed on the covered return.
The work to restore your clients’ identities, and deliver peace of mind from start to finish is included, such as:
- Placing phone calls, sending electronic notifications, and preparing appropriate documentation on the client’s behalf.
- Drafting dispute letters, issuing fraud alerts with the consumer credit reporting agencies, and submitting ID theft affidavits to creditors.
- Contacting and following up with affected agencies, creditors, and financial institutions.
- Helping notify law enforcement, DMV, and other agencies.
- Providing daily identity monitoring with all 3 credit bureaus for 6 months after the identity theft.
Yes, to receive the Firm-Level price of $10 per return, the program has to be purchased for all 1040 returns you file. If you want to cover just your individual returns, then you have the option to opt out of business return coverage priced at $75 per 1065, 1120, 1120-S return. Many tax professionals increase their tax preparation fees by $10 or more to offset that cost.
No, you’ll be billed every other week through tax season, and then monthly until the end of October. There's no fee at the time of registration.
No, with the firm-level program, your office is billed the $10 or $75 for every return that is filed.
Yes, Protection Plus is included for all 1040 returns that you file. These returns can still have identity theft and tax-related issues, so they are included with the program.
No, you’re only billed when the initial return is filed.