Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Function

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

OK Now I want to search for something and I see the complaints about the search function.

Am I blind or is there no DATE function so that you can search for the most recent posts rather than a bunch of old garbage (couldn't find the tuuurrrrddd emoji) from a couple of years ago.

All I was looking for was one of the multitude of posts about the release date of 6252 to see if anyone had any update or workaround, and all there is are pages of various posts from 2020 and 2021 which are of no use to me,

If anyone from intuit is lurking in the shadows, how about a button in the search area to "list by most current" or something like that.

I guess I will just try to go through the last several pages and see what I find.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

To do a google search:

"What you are looking for"  + site:proconnect.intuit.com/community

I have this suggestion bookmarked from a looong time ago; I changed the stuff after site: to match the current address of the forum (I think...)  Give it a try,

💩 (it's under poop, not turd)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

To do a google search:

"What you are looking for"  + site:proconnect.intuit.com/community

I have this suggestion bookmarked from a looong time ago; I changed the stuff after site: to match the current address of the forum (I think...)  Give it a try,

💩 (it's under poop, not turd)

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been saying the search function sucks since day one but does anybody listen to me ................................noooooooo! 

Many times I have searched for posts which should be a no brainer for the search function to find but it doesn't.  Like Anna mentioned, I have more luck going to Google and doing a search using ProSeries as part of the search such as "ProSeries search function sucks".  I have more luck with Google than I do with Intuit.  It's simply amazing that Intuit sends people here as a first stop but they can't spend a couple of bucks to make a decent search engine.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The salesman for this forum platform was good.  Intuit paid a lot of money for it, so they aren't going to quickly abandon the sucky forum.

abctax55
Level 15

(Jeff... how do I make my signature bold ?   I'm missing something obvious.. or like Ric, I'm brain dead.)

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Check your e-mail 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ya just need to sprinkle in a little html!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

"they aren't going to quickly abandon the sucky forum"

Except for the couple of times in the last few years when they did; each time for a worse (to us) version.

Ex-AllStar
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

💩found it💩 (poo)