Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeriesBasic error code Misc Electronic Filing Items

Lisa50
Level 1

I am trying to figure out the correct way to e-file for a deceased person's refund with a court appointed personal representative.

I have figured out how to get around Form 1310 and the first error said I needed to pdf attach a short certificate.  I did the attachment and I realized that if I put the type in as 1310, it would automatically fill in Personal Representative Court Certificate.   I then did the work around to turn off error checking and the return was sent to IRS.  Then got the next error that said, 

Go to the Electronic filing Information Worksheet (EF Info Wks) and scroll down to Misc. Electronic Filing items section.  I cannot find any Misc Electronic filing items section in Proseries Basis having to do with deceased taxpayers and personal representatives.

It then goes on to say complete the "in care of addressee" and the "name of personal representative for deceased returns"

I have been using Proseries for over 25 years and I vaguely remember that I have seen a form like this but cannot find it anywhere this year (2021 ty).

And tried to call Intuit at 8:00 EST and they said they were closed.  Can only assume they are using pacific time but they fail to share that with us.

Does anyone know where the in care of form went in 2021 Proseries Basic?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Lisa50
Level 1

I found my answer but just in case anyone else has the same issue - -

To add the "in care of addressee" and "personal representative", you need to go to the "Electronic Filing Information Worksheet" which is separate from the Information Worksheet and can be found under Electronic Filing and Banking Information column.   This is not the same ws as the info ws.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Lisa50
Level 1

I found my answer but just in case anyone else has the same issue - -

To add the "in care of addressee" and "personal representative", you need to go to the "Electronic Filing Information Worksheet" which is separate from the Information Worksheet and can be found under Electronic Filing and Banking Information column.   This is not the same ws as the info ws.