Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program isnt computing max SEP contribution for Sch C yet?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Plenty of net profit on Sch C, not computing any SEP when the Max "check her for max ded cont" box is checked

I haven't seen any complaints about it yet....am I missing something new this year?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Lisa (and all the rest of you PS'ers).  It's almost happy hour on the Left Coast (and past that on the Right) on the Friday of Super Bowl Weekend.  

Perhaps y'all should just shut it down for the weekend, given all the bugs/snafu's/complete cluster that PS is suffering from today.

I feel for all of you {{  HUG  }}.

I hope/pray that Lacerte isn't this bad when I finally get around to doing some returns that have more than a W-2 & $ 9 in interest.

First round is on me :wine_glass: :beer: :cocktail:

And you poor Mods that are playing whack-a-mole are included.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

Lisa (and all the rest of you PS'ers).  It's almost happy hour on the Left Coast (and past that on the Right) on the Friday of Super Bowl Weekend.  

Perhaps y'all should just shut it down for the weekend, given all the bugs/snafu's/complete cluster that PS is suffering from today.

I feel for all of you {{  HUG  }}.

I hope/pray that Lacerte isn't this bad when I finally get around to doing some returns that have more than a W-2 & $ 9 in interest.

First round is on me :wine_glass: :beer: :cocktail:

And you poor Mods that are playing whack-a-mole are included.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

LISA!!!! I literally lol'ed!! I went through and tried to dummy one up (client interrupted me) came back and saw that it was properly computing. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It was my own return even!  bwahaha!   at least a client wasn't sitting here while I looked stupid!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Now that is funny....remember to breath.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hahaha!! Even better that it was your own! I've looked lost in front of a client before and was called out on it. I faked it and said I was thinking. This week as Anna has mentioned we have all done a few things where a #2 shovel would come in handy. PS has us twisted up. Yeah Yeah, thats what we'll go with. :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:smile::smile:

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Mine seems to be working.  Ends up on 1040 Schedule 1 box 28.

Is your worksheet populating in Part III of the Keogh/SEP/SIMPLE Contribution Wks?

I have NOT updated today so it's possible that an update broke this.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I mark the box and nothing populates...the refund meter flickers to computing,  but nothing happens.  OMG I dumb....Im marking it for the wrong person.   DUH!!!!!!                     

Carry on!    LOL

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
I updated today, and mine is working
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Lisa-I've done that. :smile::smile:

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think I can go find that number 2 shovel if you like.  It's been getting a lot of use this year :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:+1::+1:

0 Cheers