Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Pro Series

rcooley25
Level 11

Are the Lacerte and Proconect programs more expensive than Pro Basic and if so How much more?

If they are more expensivew then just maybe marketing being what it is they are wanting us to pay more money and that is why Pro Baisc is having so much trouble and no one at Intuiit seems to give a **bleep** about wht i happening to us.

What are your thoughts?

0 Cheers
24 Comments 24
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What trouble is Basic having?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

Forms like 8915F not being available in pro series when they are available in Lacerte.

There are other problems but the before mentioned is the one I am more concern about since I have so many clients who need that form.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"What are your thoughts?"

I'm thinking it is good to hear from you today.  We can cancel that welfare check that we were going to do this morning.

I'm also thinking the major issues with ProSeries this year is the delay of the release of forms rather than actual bugs.  But then again, when you can't do any tax returns, you do cut down your chances of running into termites.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I am not against you sending me money.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been sending you a check every week.  Don't tell me they got lost in the mail?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So no actual trouble with Basic in particular, you're just still complaining about that same form not being ready.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

It is not like the delay is any longer than it was yesterday, the day before that, and every day for the last 2 weeks. We get your frustrated. Call intuit 4 times a day if you want, but complaining to the choir is unlikely to get you anywhere.

rcooley25
Level 11

Yes. Again why is it in Lacerte ( an intuit program) and not in pro basic ( also and intuit program)  You call intuit about this 5 times and you will get 5 different answers as to why we have to wait untill  Mrch 31st to get it into our soft ware. March 31st, two weeks before the end of the tax season. As far as having many problems look on the customer support line and see what other preparers are going thru.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Generating Form 8915 in ProSeries is the best article to view current information on the 8915-F.  Lacerte and ProSeries function on separate technologies so their development and scheduling will differ at times. @rcooley25 I understand your frustration. If I get any additional information on the 8915-F, we'll be sure to let you know. 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

So what are we suppose to do, just set back and take it. This is a problem we must stay on even if  Intuit does not.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

It sure has.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I will eagerly be waiting to hear from you.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I didn't say sit back and take it, I just said all of us have heard your complaints and we have no control so take it to someone who does. Don't continually **bleep** here, stay on the phone an keep bugging intuit.

Complaining here hour after hour day after day, i seriously doubt causes any heartburn to intuit.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"rcooley25 I understand your frustration"

But I don't think many of us really understand his frustration.  One third of the returns he prepares requires the form.  I would be chomping at the bit too if I was in his boat.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2

software cheaper than proseries has it ready and availalbe to efile since february 4 .

https://kb.drakesoftware.com/Site/Browse/17430/1040-Form-8915F-Drake21

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

FYI - Lacerte costs way more than ProSeries Basic.

Both are Intuit products but totally different programming.

I don't know about ProConnect except that it costs less and does less than Lacerte. It shares basic programming with Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"software cheaper than proseries has it ready and availalbe to efile since february 4"

Then you should be using that software.  The Chevy Spark is a lot cheaper than my F150 ------------ that doesn't mean I would want to own one.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Thanks for your support on this issue. On March 31st I am not  scheduling any tax appointments. My whole day will be dedcated to getting the returns  that I am holding efiled.

rcooley25
Level 11

Agreed. But it does get you moral support which I sadly need right now.

rcooley25
Level 11

I doubt that they get heartburn over this but I hope it gets them pain three joints higher than their foot.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I put on my pink tutu and have my pompoms out so that I can properly cheer for you.  I haven't worn the tutu for awhile and it was a little snug, so I am just asking that nobody takes any pictures.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

In other words dont mess with your tutu

IRonMaN
Level 15

Those are good words to live by.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Change that to March 24th

0 Cheers