Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf printing

mstaxresolution
Level 2

When I print a return for the client I also create a pdf copy, saving it to a file on my hard disk.  But when I later open the pdf and print that pdf using Adobe Reader XI streaks appear on the printed copy.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Camp1040
Level 10

Clean your auto document feeder rollers on your printer.

mstaxresolution
Level 2

Sorry, I didn't clarify my issue.  I can print other pdfs cleanly.  It's only the pdf copies created by ProSeries that experience the streaking problem.  I often scan and create a pdf using a program called ScanToPDF.  I also receive pdf documents from clients by email.  Additionally I scan client pdf document s into E-File Cabinet.  Any of these pdfs can be opened and printed without any printing problems.  But if I use the print function within ProSeries to create a pdf, and save it to a file on my computer, then open it later using Adobe Reader XI and attempt to print, streaks appear on the printed copy.  It's baffling since it seems to only occur on ProSeries created pdfs.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Since I rarely or ever print a return from a proseries created PDF, I tried the procedure you outlined and I did not get any lines from my laser or inkjet printer.

It is really strange what you are experiencing, but I think I would troubleshoot the printer.

Good luck.

0 Cheers
mstaxresolution
Level 2

Thank you.  I appreciate your response.  I'm not a tech guy by any means, so I'll have a nerd come out and check my printer.

JMaxTaxMan
Level 1

😂I had to laugh out loud at a tax guy referring to an IT guy as a nerd!  I we considered cool now??

0 Cheers