Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for e-file acceptance

PATAX
Level 15

My federal returns are being accepted quite quickly in about 20 minutes or so. But my Pennsylvania returns are taking about 4 or 5 hours or so before I get the e-file acceptance from PA. This is what has happened in Prior years too..Just wondering what you guys are experiencing.Thanks.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Some states take days. 4-5 hours sounds good to me.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Some states take days. 4-5 hours sounds good to me.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll second that.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Longest it ever took on a state return I think was about a week for a State down in the South I think Georgia but I'm not sure.

dkh
Level 15

I send everything at end of day then I don't check for acceptances until the next day just prior to sending for that day.       

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks dkh, a colleague that uses Drake does the same thing like you do.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I transmit every evening and then check for acknowledgements in the morning -------------- always closing my eyes while the acknowledgments are coming in ----------- fearing there is going to be a rejection that I am going to have to deal with. 😦

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Iron Man. Last rejection I had I think was a year or two ago and it was a spouse that did not change her social security registration surname when she got married. Her maiden name was still on the Social Security.