Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms Availability

rcooley25
Level 11

I know that we are all concern about form 8915F and rightfully so. But has anyone notice the number of other federal forms that are not availiable. And it is not just the federal government. The number of state forms are not available. How are we suppose to function?

19 Comments 19
IRonMaN
Level 15

"How are we suppose to function?"

I have found that sniffing glue sticks help.  At some point the effects may wear off and I might have to move on to something stronger.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Thats a good idea. I am going to go out and buy some glue right now.

abctax55
Level 15

Tequila....GOOD tequila.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

Seems like a great time for a vacation.  Then come back and start tax season around mid-March.  I think I saw somewhere that the IRS isn't going to have K-2/K-3 forms ready for efile until the summer?  Between that and the 7203 mess, seems like a really bad time for them to start rolling out new forms...

sjrcpa
Level 15

But COVID is limiting travel opportunities. Ain't life grand!

Ex-AllStar
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You guys need to move to a "weed over the counter" state

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

We should try to help the IRS out and talk everyone who owes tax this year to file on paper...

abctax55
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010 My neighbor that I share a small (very) parking lot with is one of those.

The owners are OK, the clientele are some of the stupidest folks I have EVER been involved with.  Despite signage, they constantly block access to where my clients need to park.   

Methinks they have partaken in the 'product' for too many decades.

( Generic Comment )"
rcooley25
Level 11

Thats a great Idea. That will fix those bums,

rcooley25
Level 11

Well its legal here in Illinois .

rcooley25
Level 11

Or extend the tax season to august 15th.

rcooley25
Level 11

That should be taken while we are  sniffing glue.

doubletax100
Level 1

How are we suppose to function when the forms are not available and what's so bad, I cant get anyone on the phone to help me and on top of that the ones I did e-filed are not showing up on my EF center. I cant wait on this software to update, which I do every 10mins, because I'm losing clients over this!

rcooley25
Level 11

I have not lost any clients yet but that does not mean that I wont before this tax season is over

doubletax100
Level 1

Anyone knows why 8915F not available?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Because the IRS was slow to get it developed and Intuit dropped the ball and didn’t stay on top of it

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

And, they don't care?

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"How are we suppose to function?"

I think it would be helpful to post a new topic every day, making sure it is one topic for each State and one topic for each Form. That should get the attention of Intuit.

(/sarcasm font off)

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
rcooley25
Level 11

That sounds like an idea that is worth thinking about.

But the problem I have with this is I am not convince this is Intuits fault.

How can they make a form availiable if the governments have not released it yet?

They cant do anything untill the government releses the form.

Now if the government has released the form and it is not in our software then that is a completely different matter.

0 Cheers