Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fincen Acceptance

SW
Level 1

It usually takes a week for my Fincen (FBAR) forms to be accepted by the agency from Intuit.  However I am still waiting for the agency acceptance on one I sent three weeks ago.  Is anyone else experiencing that long of a delay?  Is there any way to check if the agency actually received it?  Am I able to resend it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Once you submitted the FBAR, you need to let it run its course.  As a caveat, we use PTO (and also file direct via BSA), not PS, but it should work the same way.

Did you receive an acknowledgement at all?  This should come within 24 hours (even though it's almost instantaneous if filed directly with BSA).  Actual acceptance may take a bit longer - usually about 2 business days after the acknowledgement for both PTO and direct filing with BSA.

Since it's been three weeks already, you may like to call Intuit Support to have them look into it.

Sidebar discussion: One problem you may encounter filing through Intuit's tax product is that validation at the time of submission, which means there would be a lapse between the time you submit and whether you know the FBAR needs to be perfected.  This may delay things a bit.  On the contrary, BSA will validate all input on the FBAR real-time when the return is submitted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers