Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Chromium Browser

steven
Level 5

While Intuit has made some program changes for Lacerte 2019 to use the Edge Chromium browser, it should be noted that many users still do not have the MS Edge CHROMIUM Browser installed.   Unless you regularly use IE 11, then you may not have been offered the update.

Intuit, please indicate, what if any pre or post install actions, are required if the Edge Chromium browser is installed AFTER the 40.0729 update.

Will this fix be ported back to at least 2018?

Indirectly related, the 2020 Lacerte System Requirements defines IE 11 as the required browser.  I expect that this document should be updated

FWIW, I think that most users would prefer to have their "Default" browser used for web content in Lacerte (at least I would).  I can understand that you may need to call Edge for the login, but not sure why for the balance of duties.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
steven
Level 5

@IntuitAustinPlease review and comment

0 Cheers
misakop
Level 2

I have Login problems

I have no problems logging in to Lacerte 2019 thru 2022 or Lacerte 2015 and before, BUT I can no longer log in to Lacerte 2016 thru 2018.  I get the Sign in window which says "Browser not supported" "Download the latest version of one of these browsers to continue".  BUT no browsers are listed.  I have Windows 10 with Microsoft edge installed and I normally use my most recent version of Google Chrome as my default browser.  I use these older versions of Lacerte for client data about previous filings.  Lacerte update scheduler installed updates for these programs, but I cannot log in to complete the updates or to see client data.  How do I log into these programs again?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

See https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/lacerte-system-...

Browser: A recently updated version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.

I use Chrome and I have not difficulty with any of the prior years.

Possibly you need to update the programs. Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... to do new install on any years you are having problems with.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
misakop
Level 2

Thank you for all your replies.  I have fixed the problem.  I could not understand why it was saying I had a problem with the browsers which were all current and installed and working on more recent Lacerte programs.  So I ran the Lacerte Web Setup program for each of the glitched Lacerte programs that would not let me log in and that fixed the problem in each case.  Thank you all for your suggestions.