Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA e-file error #35975

jskcpa
Level 2
Trying to get an S Corp ready to e-file.  I get an error message #35975 for a purported erroneous entry on Screen 44.  It reads that two numbers on the CA form 100S don't agree, but they do!  Lacerte, please fix this error.  Thank you!
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions

Good morning!  That diagnostic is a recently reported issue that our developers are working to correct.  In the meantime, you should be able to bypass the diagnostic and e-file by following these steps:

1. Highlight the client from the client list.
  2. Go to the e-File menu.
  3. Select e-File Support Tools and then choosing Disable e-file Error. 

Once the e-file diagnostic error checking has been disabled, the return can be transmitted.  Our customer success team can be reached at (800) 933-9999 should you have any further questions or issues.  Thank you, and happy tax season!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
afs64
Level 1
I get the same error.  Hope that Lacerte can clear this.
0 Cheers
jskcpa
Level 2
Thank you, Lauren.  That is so helpful.  I really appreciate it!
0 Cheers

Good morning!  That diagnostic is a recently reported issue that our developers are working to correct.  In the meantime, you should be able to bypass the diagnostic and e-file by following these steps:

1. Highlight the client from the client list.
  2. Go to the e-File menu.
  3. Select e-File Support Tools and then choosing Disable e-file Error. 

Once the e-file diagnostic error checking has been disabled, the return can be transmitted.  Our customer success team can be reached at (800) 933-9999 should you have any further questions or issues.  Thank you, and happy tax season!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"Lacerte, please fix this error."

"Hope that Lacerte can clear this."

This isn't Lacerte support; this is a peer-to-peer user forum. 

You need to notify Intuit directly of any program errors.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@IntuitAlicia  

@ChrisIntuit

@LaurenIntuitTowne

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
jskcpa
Level 2
Where is the best place to post/ask what I perceive to be needed program issues?  In the past, I have found the email option in the Communications Manager to be useless (beyond slow and unhelpful answers).  Is telephone the best option?  When I click on the response from IntuitAlicia, I don't see anything.  What am I missing?  Thank you for your help!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I don't have the number handy; that "link" isn't a link nor is it a response from anyone (they are off today for MLK). It's *me* trying to get the attention of moderators who DO work for Intuit.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
@jskcpa For future reference you can find out hours of operation and support details here: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1605975&src=lsccom
0 Cheers
jskcpa
Level 2
Thanks, Alicia.  If I have program issues that I can't fix/figure out, what is the best course of action?  Phone?  It's not a question of law.  Rather, it's trying to find how I can make Lacerte do something.  This is on an unrelated issue to the above question.  Thanks again!
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
You've got options! We have a lot of great articles to assist you with self-help in our knowledge base and of course you're always welcome to post your questions here.  
If you need to get an answer fast, feel free to reach out to us via support phone number.  We're always happy to help.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
"...Rather, it's trying to find how I can make Lacerte do something."
Now THAT is something a lot of us old-timers around here are usually pretty good at.
Post away, and maybe we can save you a phone call.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
jskcpa
Level 2
Thank you both!  I do love that about Lacerte.  YAHOO!  Other options.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I've used it for decades...so I can usually get it to jump thru hoops (as can @George4Tacks).  And if not, it's usually because those hoops shouldn't be "jumped thru".
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers