Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Proforma One Client with Errors

ca-torrance
Level 1

We just rolled over our clients from 2020 to 2021 Lacerte.. all went well except one Partnership. This is a big partnership with hundreds of individual investors - the client number shows in the Partnership module, but no client name and data. When you close the module you get the message "Transferring Proforma Clients" - historically this has never been an issue, but this one client has this error. I am going to let it run over night just in case it is just a big file requiring more time to roll over. But wanted to ping the community to see if anyone has had similar errors. Should be noted only one staff member is doing the proforma function from 2020 to 2021. 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

My experience is DON'T DO THIS. It is way too early to be doing proforma. The first SEVERAL releases are buggy. Proforma clients you need to work on, leave the rest for next February. 

Wait as long as possible before doing Organizers. Same problem with buggy first releases of the program. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

What George said....   It is way, WAY too early to proforma.  Unfortunately, the date to safely do so has kept getting later & later and even into January/February.

One tip...  is that file locked?  If so, that has caused issues in prior years.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
lcorey8310
Level 3

Hi, I am having significant issues with the 2020 S Corp module, and I have great fear about rolling over the data to 2021. Several IT support hours (inside and outside) have been dedicated to this issue and the conclusion is that the program is corrupting the data. Wondering if you are having a similar issue with your partnership return. I have worked with Lacerte for many years but I'm speculating the desktop version has become somewhat compromised due to resources redirected to cloud version. 

0 Cheers