Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll Question

How many new threads do you think will be started tomorrow, February 22nd, on the Schedule A charity not working?

How many new threads do you think will be started tomorrow on the three year spread not available and rolling over?

How many of you are sick and tired of reading these threads?

Sorry.  Had to vent a little.  Back to work.

16 Comments 16
IRonMaN
Level 15

In time those will pass ------------ and a new top 10 list of repeat questions will start.  Mark your calendar for the last week before the due date for the ever popular annual question - how late can I transmit a return for it to be considered timely filed?

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11
  • 100%
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You left out "Forms printing out of order"

caj111
Level 4

For the first two poll questions, too many to count.  For the other question, everybody.  

Now my turn to vent - it is simply UNREAL how late so many forms are going to be ready for electronic filing this year.  I have never seen it this bad.  The Form 6251 and the Form 1040NR won't be ready until March 3! Many other important state forms from New York and New York City won't be ready until February 24! Intuit couldn't even grace us with some kind of systemwide announcement claiming it isn't their fault or tell us why this is happening.  It is really slowing things down for me, and the filing date remains at April 15 this year (as opposed to May 15 last year).  Intuit really should dispatch its lobbyists to Capitol Hill and ask they pass a law or regulation changing the filing deadline to May 15 again this year.  It's the least they could do.

Really, Intuit, what is the problem here???

IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit has decided to use the Mayan calendar this year.  According to that calendar, tax season doesn't start until March this year.  So it really isn't Intuit's fault ---------- blame the Mayans.

Slava Ukraini!
caj111
Level 4

The Mayan calendar, I should have known! Silly me.

By the way, I did try that number you mentioned for complaining using the Rhode Island area code (401) and all I got was some plumbing company.  You sure it's the right number? Or maybe a plumbing company acquired Intuit and they haven't quite figured things out yet.  😁  Ah well, there's always next year or another area code I could try.

IRonMaN
Level 15

ACME Plumbing -------- you got the right number, but Jenny has been on vacation for a couple of weeks. 

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

you forgot the print order question

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I think I would be more intrigued at knowing how many ProSeries users there are the don't realize that charitable contributions may not be working as expected or don't realize that they need a 8915-F.

That Jenny is quite a gal.  My date with her went quite well!😛

IRonMaN
Level 15

So you are the one that she was talking about. 🙈🙉🙊

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Since tomorrow is Twosday, I will speculated 222 on 2/22/22. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since you are wearing your thinking cap, you are probably going to be correct.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Another favorite that hasn't popped up too many time yet:

"How do I stop/recall/cancel a return I just efiled that has a mistake on it?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

@abctax55 wrote:

Another favorite that hasn't popped up too many time yet:

"How do I stop/recall/cancel a return I just efiled that has a mistake on it?

ProSeries has figured out a way to head off all of those questions this year, that's why we haven't seen many of them.  They just don't allow the forms to be filed until late March.

abctax55
Level 15

Rick, LOL.... you missed your calling.  You can do comedy once you retire from this rat-race.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"