Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI calculation changing

carlene
Level 1

We had 2 returns saved as of 2/7/2019. (PROSERIES)  Each return had either rental property or K1.  When I opened the returns today QBI amount changed.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Are updates changing these returns?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

They're still working on the QBI worksheets.  So I'm not surprised if the calculations are changing (particularly with the K-1s).  It's going to be important this year to have an expectation of what the system should calculate for QBID and not just blindly rely on the software to get it right.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
rbynaker
Level 13

They're still working on the QBI worksheets.  So I'm not surprised if the calculations are changing (particularly with the K-1s).  It's going to be important this year to have an expectation of what the system should calculate for QBID and not just blindly rely on the software to get it right.

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9

Carlene - you, I and the rest of the users on here will never know the answer to this question because there is no one from Pro Series here to answer it.

Call in and open a case with Pro Series.

0 Cheers
carlene
Level 1
I called the wait time is crazy.  I do not have 45 minutes to hold.
0 Cheers
emynes
Level 1
Yes, the numbers kept changing with each update even on completed &/or e-filed returns.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Something must have driven that change.  Could you identify what has changed?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
emynes
Level 1
Their updates kept changing the functionality/programing and changed numbers within the QBI worksheets even if you didn't "recalculate" the return.  Every time they tried to fix something, they caused other problems.  
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Yes but what in the underlying calculation has changed?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers