Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem opening help screen

acctnts
Level 1
Help Screen shows on task bar but will not maximize
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

For some reason it throws the HELP window up behind the Proseries program....if you hover over it on the taskbar, you should be able to grab it to read it, but it is a major inconvenience when it doesnt slide in alongside the program window. 

You may have to make teh ProSeries window smaller (as opposed to full screen) to be able to see/grab the Help window.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
DarleneCypser
Level 1

That does not work. It stays behind. It is impossible to get it out. It is a program error.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It stays behind my screen at home too, at the office it opens on top.... dont know why.....if you hover your cursor at down on the Windows task bar on the PS icon, you should see the Help window shown, if you click on it from there, it should bring it to the front.

0 Cheers
DarleneCypser
Level 1

No. I tried all those things. Nothing works. I tried last year and tried this year. If  I minimize the main screen it also minimizes the help screen. If I try to maximize only the Help screen, it maximizes the main screen. No matter how small you make it, it is always behind. Dragging it to the side does not change it. I am using Windows 10. Maybe you have a different operating system at work.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im on Win 10 as well.   If you hover your mouse over the PS icon down in the Windows taskbar, do you see the help window?   You cant slide your mouse over to it then open it?  

0 Cheers
DarleneCypser
Level 1

I can see the thumbnail. If I slide the cursor on to the Help screen thumb nail the main screen disappears and I see nothing but the desktop. I cannot open the Help screen alone. I've tried all these things multiple ways.

0 Cheers