Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need my CAF Code - I lost it

Mike Murray
Level 1

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
abctax55
Level 15

Only the IRS can provide that to you, as it is assigned by them.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

You don't have ANY copies of a F2848 that you can look back at ??    

Mike Murray
Level 1

No I don't.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can call PPS and they can track it down for you.   I had written mine down one digit off and PPS helped me figure it out and get the right number.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I believe this is the number to call, 866-860-4259

abctax55
Level 15

That's the number I tried at 6:50 a.m. this morning.  They don't open until 7:00 (apparently that's West Coast time...).  

( Generic Comment )"
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I input mine in the Preparer Info a couple of decades ago.... it rolls over every year and just hangs out there, patiently waiting for me to click on the 2848 and insert my prepare code......

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
abctax55
Level 15

@dd4vols 

That's what I did in Lacerte also.  And I have it entered as an "item" in my QB file for when my memory fails, again.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's like important stuff so I also entered it into my tax software.  Then I tucked it into a safe place in an old cigar box right in between my unused library card and my Dick Tracy crime fighter badge.  You never know when you are going to need those things. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
capt
Level 1

Thank you all!

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Isn't it in a prior ProSeries year?

I used a label to put it on my computer. Did the same with EA# and any other I want handy.

0 Cheers