Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link client documents

DJNC 1
Level 1

When clients upload jpeg documents to Intuit Link and I download to my computer they do not have the jpeg extension. How do I fix that?  Each document I open I am asked what program to view it with.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

some clients are taking cell phone photo that don’t upload with an extension. We have to (right click) on the photo then save as picture first… then save to client file…. 

The whole process is a pita and time consuming. My preference is to work with pdfs… (easier to highlight and markup) so i have a staff person transferring the intuit link files to client folder and convert them to pdfs 

IMO, all this technology SUCKS!  Let’s go back to paper, pencils, and stamps… 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
DJNC 1
Level 1

Thank you.  I have downloaded and unzipped, but cannot figure out how to save it as a .pdf other than opening the file in Intuit Link then sending it to print as a .pdf.  Is that how you are doing it?  Was hoping there was a bulk way to do it.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

i had another this morning that came through without the extension.   I added the extension... ".pdf" when saving and it worked....    unexpected behavior.... kinda goes along with unexpected errors.....

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers