Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFile Services

Hello everyone, 

Are we required to offer e-file availability even when we don't prepare the return? Studying for a tax exam and it seemed to suggest that. And then, darned if a prospect didn't ask me that today. Hmmmmm.......... I thought that was more like a credit union service maybe......

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Requirement? Not that I know of, but I have not read up on that lately.

I have done it in the past, (It has been a long time) but they pay just about the same as if I prepared the return, because essentially I have to do all the input to prepare the return all over again.

If there is anything sketchy - No I won't even transmit, don't want to be tied to it at all.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Requirement? Not that I know of, but I have not read up on that lately.

I have done it in the past, (It has been a long time) but they pay just about the same as if I prepared the return, because essentially I have to do all the input to prepare the return all over again.

If there is anything sketchy - No I won't even transmit, don't want to be tied to it at all.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Thank you, you make a good point about the time involved even if it is just copying the data. 

0 Cheers

Thank you. 🙂 

0 Cheers