Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Field

Melissa18
Level 1

A return was rejected bc dependent filed their own return. Where can I find the Description Field to see [#] which dependent is being flagged? None of the details contain a bracket.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Screenshot 2024-10-03 113002.jpg

Melissa18
Level 1

Thank you, unfortunately it seems we have different versions. Do you have to be set as the Master Administrator to see the Description Field?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

That's the Lacerte version. I think you can also find that detail under the Diagnostics tab in Lacerte (but I can't on this particular client file, because I have cleared the e-file to be able to amend). Hopefully someone who can screenshot ProConnect comes along!

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

To determine which of your Dependents were already claimed, you will need to look at your full Reject Code.  The last two digits of the Reject Code tells you which Dependent it was based on the order they are listed on your Form 1040.

For example, Reject Code:

• R0000-507-01 - The First Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent
  • R0000-507-02 - The Second Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent
  • R0000-507-03 - The Third Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent