Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to input data from a 1099 DIV

Kathy7228
Level 2

I am having a problem inputting data from a client's 1099-DIV. I am able to enter the information from Box 1a through Box 2a. Then when I tab to go to the next field, it takes me to unrelated information and I'm unable to enter Box 2b through Box 13. Does anyone have any advice you can give me? Thank you!!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

From the main input page for Income > Dividend Income (1099-DIV), you'd need to click on the Details button on the far fight to get to the detailed input screen for each line item.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Kathy7228
Level 2

Thank you so much for your help! I'm new to using this software, and the office is closed. That worked for getting most of the form entered, but there is no line for Box 7---Foreign Tax Paid---that I can see. Do you know where I would enter that? Also, would you be able to tell me where I enter the information from a 1099-B. Thanks again!!

George4Tacks
Level 15
Kathy7228
Level 2

Thank you........this is very helpful.