Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prep file for system with 2 data paths

cl54
Level 1

Lacerte tech support failed again suppose to call back today within 4 hours to resolve a problem as usual no follow through, I have 2 data paths need to download a prep file won't work, any ideas?

the other preparers info I have on my system is not on theirs, Lacerte created 2 data paths on my system one for mine and another for the other firm however they failed to install the prep files, 3 times today I called no one could resolve it, I am done with this company after this filing service. Returns suppose to go out tomorrow I am now STUCK!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

When I install my prep file I get to choose the path where I'm installing it.

Are you saying Intuit didn't push our the correct prep file for you to download? I think you can retrieve it online in My Account.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Download it from *MyAccount* to a flash drive (or to a place you can easily find it).

Then copy/paste it to the directory path where the program is loaded.

I've had to do this with prior years as a solution (tho seldom with current years)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/access-lacerte-data-for-t...

See my answer and the link therein

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns