If you still have questions, you can contact an advisory specialist at 844-728-6862.
- Professional tax softwareProfessional tax software
- Intuit Lacerte TaxTap into highly powerful tools designed for complex returns and multiple preparers.
- Intuit ProConnect TaxGain added flexibility delivered fully on the cloud with nothing to download.
- Intuit ProSeries TaxGet simple forms-based screens and one-click access to calculation details.
- See all tax software
- Workflow add-onsWorkflow add-ons
- Intuit Tax AdvisorCreate automatic tax plans for clients using tax return data mined from your ProConnect Tax or Lacerte software.
- Hosting for Lacerte and ProSeriesPut your Lacerte or ProSeries software on the cloud for built-in security, automatic backups and less IT stress.
- eSignatureGet any document signed securely from any online device, all done with quick clicks inside your tax software.
- Protection PlusProtect your clients from audits, tax notices and identity theft with $1 Million Tax Audit Defense™.
- Pay-by-RefundGive your clients the option of no upfront, out-of-pocket costs and give yourself an easy way to get paid with refund transfers.
- Intuit Select Pro StaffingBuild capacity, grow your business and increase productivity when you work with tax experts vetted by Intuit.
- See all workflow add-ons
- Accounting solutionsAccounting solutions
- QuickBooks Online AccountantAccess all your QuickBooks clients, resources, and tools under one login from anywhere.
- QuickBooks Accountant DesktopGet all the power of QuickBooks in a one-time purchase accounting software installed on your office computer
- EasyACCTGain a proven solution for write-up, A/P, A/R, payroll, bank reconciliation, asset depreciation, and financial reporting.
- Training & EducationTraining & Education
- For Sales: 844-877-9422
- Sign in
Answers to the most frequently asked questions
What is Intuit Tax Advisor?
Intuit Tax Advisor seamlessly integrates with Lacerte and ProConnect Tax software to provide tax insights and strategies for your clients. It recommends personalized tax-savings strategies and estimated savings, and generates beautiful, client-friendly reports.
Intuit Tax Advisor is a cloud solution. Tax returns from Lacerte (desktop or hosted) and ProConnect sync with Intuit Tax Advisor.
Yes. Intuit Tax Advisor includes many strategies specifically for business clients. We import the business schedules and activities reported on individual returns (Schedule C, E, K-1, etc.) to generate these insights.
No. Intuit Tax Advisor does not include state-specific strategies. However, you may be able to use the custom strategy feature to create and reuse a state-specific strategy.
Lacerte Tax Planner only projects taxable income and tax liability and is limited to four types of premade tax plans: a year/case analysis, difference analysis, Married Filing Jointly/Married Filing Separately comparison, and adjustment analysis.
Intuit Tax Advisor provides customizable tax-saving strategies and insights in areas like retirement savings, business expenses, income and deduction timing, higher education, and shifting income between entities. More importantly, Intuit Tax Advisor, shows estimated tax savings for each of those recommended strategies.
Currently Intuit Tax Advisor only projects the current tax year, while Lacerte Tax Planner projects multiple years.
It can for most of your tax planning clients. Intuit Tax Advisor provides a federal and state tax projection that includes the tax saving strategies. (State strategies are not included at this time). For most clients, users can complete this engagement faster than using Lacerte Tax Planner, and the report will be more compelling. However, some complex strategies are not yet included and for those clients you may need to continue to use Lacerte Tax Planner.
Users may also create reusable custom strategies to capture estimated tax savings and include in the report. You may need to provide additional analysis to support the custom strategy.
Unlike other standalone tax-planning software, Intuit Tax Advisor is integrated with Lacerte and ProConnect’s powerful tax engines. There’s no need to scan your client’s tax returns into Intuit Tax Advisor or do manual data entry. You don’t have to worry about double checking that your client information is imported. That means more accuracy and less time for you and your firm. Intuit Tax Advisor recommends smart tax suggestions and shows estimated tax savings right from your client’s tax return.
How does Intuit Tax Advisor work?
You can easily create customized tax plans in a few easy steps
- Identify a client and seamlessly sync your clients’ tax return data to Lacerte or ProConnect.
- Intuit Tax Advisor searches hundreds of potential triggers in the client tax data to generate smart tax strategies that you can add, dismiss, or adjust. You can also choose from a library of tax strategies or create your own custom strategies.
- You can review and modify projections prior to sending to your clients.
- Client-friendly reports are generated automatically for you to share with your clients. You can customize them with your logo and colors.
If you don’t see a strategy you want, you can easily create a new strategy that you can save, modify, and apply to your clients.
No. Intuit Tax Advisor syncs with your client's tax return from Lacerte and ProConnect and automatically suggests smart tax strategies and provides estimated tax savings.
Strategy categories include:
- Retirement plans
- Income and deduction timing
- Income shifting between entities
- Charitable contributions
- State income shifting
- Tax credits
- Higher education
- Business expenses
- Health and wellness Investments
New strategies added:
- S Corporation choice of entity
- Cost segregation study
- Tax loss harvesting
- QBI (Qualified business income deduction)
At this time, state strategies are not included but state income are. Users may also create reusable custom strategies to capture estimated tax savings and include in the report. You may need to provide additional analysis to support the custom strategy.
Yes. Lacerte and ProConnect Tax are both integrated with Intuit Tax Advisor. You may select the clients and 2021 individual tax returns you want to import as the base year. ProSeries does not currently sync with Intuit Tax Advisor. It is on our roadmap for the future.
Not at this time. Intuit Tax Advisor currently only supports tax planning for clients in Lacerte and ProConnect.
Simply select a client and the base year tax return. Intuit Tax Advisor will then generate customized tax insights that you can review and adjust.
Yes, you will need to purchase a client credit. Each client credit enables you to run as many tax plans as you like through the end of the calendar year.
Increase your value as a trusted tax advisor: Intuit Tax Advisor calculates estimated tax savings per tax strategy and automatically puts it all in a client-friendly report. Show your clients how much you can save them and help quantify your value.
You can save time and increase your tax advisory clients by not having to worry about scanning in tax returns or using other software as you would with standalone software. Intuit Tax Advisor’s powerful tax engine does much of the work for you and presents it in a beautiful client report.
You can run monthly or quarterly tax plans according to your client’s needs because Intuit Tax Advisor has unlimited use per client throughout the calendar year.