Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOSTED PROSERIES RIGHTWORKS - LOST DATA - RECOVERY FILE ERROR

ERIC J
Level 4

I'M LOSING UNSAVED DATA IF I LEAVE A FILE OPEN AND THE PRGRAM CLOSES.  I LOSE ALL DATA INPUT FROM THE TIME I LAST MANUALLY SAVED THE FILE.  THE NEXT TIME I REOPEN PROSERIES, I RECEIVE A MESSAGE ABOUT AN AUTO RECOVERY FILE BUT THE LINK DOESNT WORK. 

I HAVE AUTO SAVE SET UP FOR EVERY MINUTE BUT I DONT THINK IT IS WORKING. 

THIS IS INFURIATING, CAUSES ME TIME IN RECREATING THE INPUT NOT TO MENTION CREATES A TON OF RISK.  

I'VE CALLED SUPPORT ON THIS NO LESS THAN 10 TIMES THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF AND CANNOT GET AN ANSWER.  UNACCEPTABLE!!

ANY SIMILIAR EXPERENCIENCE / FIXES?  

THANKS,

ERIC

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
taoseno
Level 3

Try NOT SCREAMING and you will get an answer!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

ok.. do you know the answer taoseno? others may benefit also. 

0 Cheers
ERIC J
Level 4

I apologize to all for the tone delivered with ALL CAPS in my post - my intention was not to SCREAM or offend anyone.  I tend to write all CAPS when I post to a a somewhat unfamiliar platform thinking that caps are easier to read.   

It didn't even register with me someone might be offended, so thank you for pointing it out so I can be more sensitive in the future. 

Eric 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I for one was not offended.. never saw it as a big deal to type in all caps, especially with the type of problem you are having.  I hope someone finds an answer

0 Cheers