Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does ProSeries require an email address on business returns or you get a red error. What if the client doesn't have one?

MICHAELMARS
Level 5

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day...I don't have a particular answer, but I have a new friend in Nigeria who's father was killed and he was an executive at a major bank.  He wants to transfer me a few million dollars to hold for him (I get a cut off the top), and even he has an email address.  They are rather easy to come by these days.  I suspect it will eventually be connected with the email info on the account at EFTPS.gov and IRS.gov, as well as at state unemployment offices.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

😲

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

Yes everyone has one but not everyone wants the government to have it.  IRS always says they won't contact you by email.  Its a bug this year since last year it wasn't a red error. Same as YOU must have a work phone number in the return if having direct withdrawal payments. Not everyone does have a work number. why can't the program just pic up whatever number we enter.  

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

I just use none @ none.com and the returns go through.