Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with Intuit and their products this year?

mikeo
Level 2

In all my years (40+) I have never seen such poor planning and response from Intuit on it's Proseries products as I have this year.   Let me cite the following examples:

1. Form 8915F for 2022.  First it was to be available on 2/23/23 but that got pushed back to 3/2/23 and is now further pushed back to 3/9/23.  We are now getting complaints from clients for the delays in filing.  Not acceptable

2. When attaching Form 804, the WI individual return cannot be efiled this year.  What happened, it worked in all prior years?

3. Just got a notice that WI individual returns are not on hold if they have Medicare or Long Term Insurance involved until 3/10/23.  

4. WI requires a PW form to be included when efiling (only way to send it in) when tax is paid or withheld at the partnership level.   The WI rules are specific on this.   However in my attempt to let Proseries know I got the run around.  When was the form approved?  After 2 hours, it was a waste of my precious time

Does Intuit not care about the the quality of the product in preparing its software for the upcoming year?  I have clients who are not happy and are leaving due to this.  

Mike O

0 Cheers
22 Comments 22
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You must have slept through last season......

seems to me there were many more complaints in 2022

IRonMaN
Level 15

But last year we didn’t have the splash screen twins to complain about.😜

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Maybe the sky is falling.  Or maybe it is falling just over Wisconsin.  I don't have any 8915F filers so I haven't been following that issue, but someone posted that IRS had not yet released the form.  Do any other software vendors have it yet?  Let's not blame Intuit for IRS delays.  Nor for Wisconsin glitches, if its Department of Revenue is providing cheesy service.  

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Overall the software has been functioning well. There are always issues with some forms and functionality… especially the first month. If IRS delays issuance of a form you can’t blame Intuit… you can expect them to be ‘ready to go’ when approval is received…. There will always be isolated glitches… but, feel free to come here to rant… I do

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know UltraTax is still waiting, as well as other Intuit products, Drake has it but I think they just do the same workaround that I do and attach a PDF, the form isnt integrated into their software.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HOPE2
Level 8

EVERYDAY PROSERIES IS CRASHING AND I HAVE TO REBOOT IT. THIS YEAR MY TIME WASTED FOR THIS LIKE PROBLEM CRASHING AND E-SIGNITURE PROBLEMS. FOR SO FAR HAS BEEN HORRIBLE AND THAY WANTED ME TO PAY DEFERED PAYMENT. THAT IS REALLY VERY INTERSTING PART.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@HOPE2 

If you will give me your address I will gladly buy you a keyboard that has a functions caps lock/shift key.

The constantly YELLING is just not necessary, nor is it effective when done in almost every post. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

1) That is probably the fault of the IRS, not Intuit.  The IRS keeps revising the form and/or Instructions.

2-4) Intuit is not overly concerned about State errors.  They might be eventually fixed, but it could take several years.

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

PROSERIES IS CRASHING NOT IRS🤣

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

QUIT YELLING PLEASE

It must be something particular system equipment, I have not had a system crash while proseries was running in years, spread sequentially over 2-3 desktops and an older laptop(2020 working from home) .

I only use mainstream hardware (mostly Dell) with top level intel processors (as of purchase date) with about double the recommended RAM.  That has worked for me.

abctax55
Level 15

@HOPE2 

Could you please explain exactly why you feel the need to constantly yell???????????????????

It

Is

Considered

Very

Rude

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

MAYBE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH TO HER AND ASK HOW OLD HER COMPUTER IS.  IT MIGHT BE TRUE THAT THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Her computer crashes when she hits print preview so I told her to stop using print preview.  She said she HAS TO USE print preview to review her returns.  Some of us can get by just fine without using print preview, but not Hope.  I believe this has been going on for about a month.  She has been offered several attempts at helping her, but instead of using that help, SHE JUST KEEPS SHOUTING.  I’m guessing this will continue until October.  May God have mercy on our souls 😳

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Its weird that alot of the problems around here are on things I have never done.  Like using 1099 input or print preview or auto signatures or importing K1's or importing 1099-B or using the cloud.  Has our way of life become too evolutionary in finding new way to do things which eventually turn out to be ridden with mistakes.  Instead of the old fashioned way of just enter the numbers and move on.

rcooley25
Level 11

I cannot speak for others but I only yell when I run out of Fireball

JAOtax
Level 1

Anyone else finding that Proseries won't launch today? Ugh!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

First, reboot the computer.  Still no luck, use REPAIR UPDATES from the Windows programs menu...this is a screen shot of the 2021 repair updates, but 2022 has the same option.

repairupdates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

I dont want to offend anyone ut I feel led to repeat something that I said a few posts ago. I have complained as much as anyone else about Intuit. But when push comes to shove the only real big complaint that I have had is regarding form 8915F and that is just over the last two years. Some of the complaints that I have been reading about regarding program crashes and problems with other forms I just cannot believe what I am reading. All of the years that I have used Pro Series I have not experienced any of these problems and I cant understand where they are coming from and what is causing them. However, with my luck being what it is after sending out this post I will most likely have problems coming out of my you know what.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, the real issues seem to be pretty minimal based on the posts that have shown up here.  You should have been here the year that a huge number of folks had the software crashing on them.  Now, those were real issues.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks Lisa. I did it what you mentioned. I emailed to engineering team all my LOG unfortunately did not have any response of them yet. Again thank you.

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@mikeo 

Over the past several years Intuit ProSeries has had problems keeping up with the myriad of individual state return changes required by each state's department of revenue.  The states are requiring additional  information to be included with their state returns filings and they are using the tax preparer community to collect and submit this data.  Yes, they force us to do their data collection work for them.  Much of said additional info is not necessarily used for computing the taxpayer's tax liability, it is purely data mining.  

A federal return that was 15 to 20 pages in length 30 years ago is 70 to 75 pages in length today.  What happened to the Paper Reduction Act?  It went electronic.  The state DORs are just following along behind the Feds and expanding their data mining operations.  If your primary state gets involved then you will be involved.

BobKamman
Level 15

You're just now noticing that tax professionals have been turned into data-entry clerks?  Where have you been the last 20 years?  Much of it relates to IRS being turned into a welfare agency.  Unfortunately, the corollary of "the more data we collect" is "the less time we have to do anything with it."