Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Bonus not Received

I know this isn't a tax question but I do not know where else to turn anymore and think the community should be informed. I started with ProSeries last fall and was informed by my salesman, Jonathan Lovitt, of the referral bonus.  One of my colleagues ( @nethespiritu  ) signed up. Jonathan Lovitt told me - you can see the email below - we'd both get the bonuses in "late May - early June".

In late May I started following up. Jonathan Lovitt does not respond.  After multiple phone calls  and emails with Intuit the referral bonuses were confirmed by "Jeff" - see below.

Today is July 15. I've continued to follow up and was told the bonuses were "processed" in late June and I'd be informed when "the checks were sent"  and then they'd still take 10-14 days!  So now, since I can't even find out if the checks (and why checks, when every single other payment is electronic?) were sent, we are easily into August.  If ever.

This is so disappointing.  I feel like I'm just getting a run around, one empty (even though polite) promise after another.

Email 12.16.20.jpgEmail 04.04.21.jpg

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure if anyone here can offer any assistance with this.  Seems like every year I see people asking about when they will get their referral money, feels like July or August is when it happens, with the later due date I would have expected it to be later that usual, but that email says June (unless thats a canned response that hasnt been updated in a few years)....have you tried to use the Schedule A Call link in that email?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Hi Lisa, thanks, good (not really) to know it's not only me that is being treated badly by Intuit.  

I used that Schedule A Call link when I first started working with Jonathan.  No, not since then.  He responded to email when I referred Neth to him.  I've had many other calls, with customer support and with the Office of the President of Intuit.  They all politely say they're sorry, they'll check, they'll reach out to someone else, etc. etc.  Lip service and nothing else.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like its a gift card they send, rather than a check, have you tried using this number yet?   

https://proconnect.intuit.com/referral-program/

I know I did a survey thing for Intuit once a few years ago and they sent me a virtual gift card to my email, I think it came through a 3rd party though, not Intuit directly, you may want to dig through your bulk mail folder just in case they did something like that for this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

You don't need to prove anything to your peers, which is why I recommend you Remove that image, which has too much personal contact info on it. This is a public internet forum, so you are inviting any spammer to contact you pretending to be one of the parties you wish would contact you. Play safely on the internet.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

Thanks, I'll look but I don't think so...

0 Cheers

How do I remove it?  Or just delete the whole thing?  

0 Cheers

Never mind, they are deleted, thanks.

0 Cheers

Thought I'd post an update to this in case anyone is interested.

I spent many weeks following up on this. Lots of emails, lots of phone calls, lots of promises. A couple of weeks ago someone from Intuit called me and said she was a manager. She said my bonus had been coded incorrectly and that's why I (and my friend) did not get it. And, they are only disbursed once per year (!) so we would not get it until 2022.  To which I said, you have got to be kidding.

She agreed it was unreasonable and arranged for me to get $350 (the total bonus) right away, which did happen, and my friend and I are still on the list to get the referral bonus in 2022. I asked if she could send that in email, which she did, so in 2022 I'll be following up again.

All the Intuit people were invariably polite and seemed to want to help which I appreciate.  Although the final result is certainly fair it took way too much time and effort. I mainly felt bad for my friend, who bought ProSeries at my recommendation.