Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote TurboTax live team

PATAX
Level 15

Received correspondence today from the aforementioned Intuit entity inquiring about hiring me. Here are my terms: $300 an hour payable in Hungarian gold Korona coins. Cadillac health insurance plan including dental insurance and eye insurance, with a new pair of pop bottles every year. Four weeks a year timeshare for free on a location in the Mediterranean. One year's worth of blue buffalo dog biscuits for Heidi. If you (Intuit) are interested, then please contact me.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I get those too.  The only way you will see my name on the list for Turdddotaxxx Live is when IRonMaN is dead. 👻

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I get those too.  The only way you will see my name on the list for Turdddotaxxx Live is when IRonMaN is dead. 👻

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

But they offer a 401(k) Plan, and help to get your EA! 🤣

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is this like the new version of Wheel of Fortune?  Instead of buying a vowel, we trade two consonants to get one?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

My feelings are hurt (not).... they haven't asked ME.  😘

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I must have gotten  yours Anna. I have received several.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

THANK YOU, Susan for being my own personal spam filter 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I would rather cut my face off....unless they offer me a 1970 SS Chevelle numbers matching, 2021 ZR1 Corvette and free gas for life. Plus I require a tiny house to do my job. WELCOME ABOARD!!! I'd like a dog too. 

Have a nice day, Intuit.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@PATAX  Yes, they sent out that email after they laid off 1,800 of their employees.  They stated that they would be looking to upgrade to AI replacement employees.  How did they determine that y'all had AI? 

qbteachmt
Level 15

"How did they determine that y'all had AI?"

It means Intuit thinks they are AI.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I do not believe that Intuit thinks that I am AI. They mailed the correspondence to me.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Let me add some context.  Intuit lays off 1,800 employees three weeks ago:

07-10-2024 NEWS

Intuit to lay off 1,800 employees, labels 1,050 as ‘underperformers’

Unlike many recent tech layoffs focused on reducing the workforce, Intuit cited that most of today’s layoffs were performance-related.

Global financial company Intuit announced Wednesday that it’s laying off 1,800 employees, or about 10 percent of its workforce. Unlike many recent tech layoffs focused on reducing the workforce, Intuit cited that most of today’s layoffs were performance-related.

On Wednesday, the company, which has invested heavily in generative AI-powered tools in recent years, shared a note explaining the cuts. “We do not do layoffs to cut costs, and that remains true in this case,” A spokesperson for Intuit told Fast Company, that the brand “will continue to invest in ongoing training and development programs” but the shift is “about reinvesting in the necessary strategic functional capabilities and skill sets to support Intuit’s transformation.”

About 1,050 employees who “are not meeting expectations” are departing the company. CEO Sasan Goodarzi said that the company has “significantly raised the bar on our expectations of employee performance” and that underperforming employees will be “more successful outside of Intuit.”

When asked, the company declined to comment on when those expectations were raised, or how long employees were given to improve performance before the layoffs.

Still, it seems that putting capital toward other areas of the company is a crucial part of the move. The company drove home how it will expand its generative AI efforts, which it has been an early adopter of, and accelerate its international growth. Three-hundred roles will be eliminated entirely in an effort to “streamline work.”

Eliminating a large chunk of underperforming employees seems like a pivot to allow the company a reset. Goodarzi shared that the company plans to hire 1,800 individuals to work in marketing, engineering, and customer-facing roles and that in doing so, the company is expected to grow. “In context of the actions we are taking today, we expect our overall headcount to grow in FY25 and beyond,” the note said, explaining that the company expects to close sites in Edmonton, Canada, and Boise, Idaho.

Earlier this year, Intuit reported a rise in third-quarter revenue. It also increased its annual forecast, as it expected more significant demand for its AI-generated products.

Last year, Intuit rolled out Intuit Assist, an AI tool that greets business owners with daily personalized briefings, answers questions, drafts emails, and more. It was certainly not the first company to use such tools, but given that its products were already being used by so many for accounting, payroll, and more, the AI tools had the advantage of using prestored information rather than having to input it.

U.S. employees will have their last day on September 9, 2024. The company note laid out details about severance packages and support, sharing that employees “will receive a package that includes a minimum of 16 weeks of pay, plus two additional weeks for every year of service.” It also explained that laid-off employees would have six months of healthcare and access to career transition and job placement services.

“With the strength of our people, culture, and mission, we are positioned to take advantage of this AI revolution and revolutionize our customers’ experiences to deliver undisputed benefits in ways that we could never imagine. Today is ‘Day 1. Together, we will focus on the future and all the possibilities to power prosperity around the world,” the note concluded.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

So, then Intuit sends out emails to a bunch of tax accountants asking if they will work for Intuit.

I sarcastically wondered why Intuit thinks the tax accountants have artificial intelligence [AI].

No thank you.  We have real intelligence [RI]!

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

I am really puzzled why they labeled their laid off employees as "under performing".  Who in the company let this occur?  It seems to reflect poorly on the management of the firm.

Will this keep competitors from hiring the former employees? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe they were paying attention to this place about programming issues and decided that all of the programmers were under performing 😜

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

And the Software Support staff.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I saw this on reddit. It's from May 5:

"Their boss is getting on them about menial stuff that doesn’t lead to better work just in the last month. Its silly stuff. Feels like they are stretching everything they can to get them in the “unacceptable” range for the performance review.

Morale seems extremely low.

I am hoping other employees aren’t too afraid to comment on this post.

Anyone else dealing with this at intuit?

Any word on if they are gonna do any official layoffs?"

Then, three weeks ago:

"Whelp you didn't have to wait too long lol"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Hi @qbteachmt 

The May Reddit post aligns with the stock guidance issued in May:

May 30, 2024:  Last week, Intuit warned that it expected to lose 1 million customers who use its free TurboTax program this fiscal year, as many shift instead to the IRS Direct File option. Intuit projected total TurboTax filing units will drop 1% because of “share loss with pay-nothing and lower average revenue per return customer.”  

So, they are reducing employees due to the expected future reduction in revenue from TurboTax?

0 Cheers