Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series wont open at all

jcwincometax
Level 3

I worked on a return 2 days ago with no problems whatsoever.  All that's needed is to run final review and efile.  I come back today to complete the return and Pro Series 19 wont open at all!  When I try to open, it starts to buffer for a few minutes then the program closes.  I tried to open the back up copy of the return from my external hard drive and nothing works.  Eventually I tried to troubleshoot and got the following message:  An error has occurred attempting to launch ProSeries Update.  Error Code 5.

Like I said, everything worked fine until yesterday.  Has anyone had this problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hm, I know Ive seen this error before...I was digging through google for it and found that someone else was able to correct it with Repair Updates...

Another one said when they restarted Windows in safe mode they didnt get the error anymore so they thought it was Windows related....do you have any Windows updates hanging waiting to install?

Another one said they went to the Windows Start Menu and clicked Connected Customer and an update from there fixed it for them.   https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/when-i-try-to-open-proserie...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the program wont open, use REPAIR updates from the Windows Programs Menu...see if that does anything for you.

reapitupdates.png

0 Cheers
jcwincometax
Level 3

Thanks.  I tried that a few times.  Still nothing.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hm, I know Ive seen this error before...I was digging through google for it and found that someone else was able to correct it with Repair Updates...

Another one said when they restarted Windows in safe mode they didnt get the error anymore so they thought it was Windows related....do you have any Windows updates hanging waiting to install?

Another one said they went to the Windows Start Menu and clicked Connected Customer and an update from there fixed it for them.   https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/when-i-try-to-open-proserie...

jcwincometax
Level 3

Thank you.  I followed the advice of Pacoford.   From the Windows Start menu I went into Tools Connected Customer.  It provided an update.  Once the update was complete, I was able to enter with no more problems.  Thank you for your help!  Much appreciated.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That's great!

Will you mark my answer as Solved so that someone else with the same problem will find it easier?

0 Cheers