Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORM 8915-E

carina aguilera
Level 2

This is not a question just want to share this case, I had a client who come in to get her taxes done with 1099-R 3 weeks ago, taxes completed and paid just on hold due to form 8915-E not available.

2 days ago she did come back asking for her tax prep fees to be refunded because HR did her taxes and they do have the form ready since IRS release the form.

I am so upset, I do not know why it is taking so long to upload the form, I will call tomorrow and complain about it, I AM LOOSING CLIENTS.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

I think it's supposed to be ready in a few days.  If someone can't wait a few extra days I probably wouldn't want them as a client.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I hope you had an engagement letter that didnt allow this to happen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
carina aguilera
Level 2

Lisa yes I did, but sometimes its better to let it go than keep someone that does not appreciate your work.

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for sharing the information with us... It is still very early in tax season so I do not know why that individual could not wait a little bit longer.. Just my opinion.

TAXOH
Level 11

I think it's supposed to be ready in a few days.  If someone can't wait a few extra days I probably wouldn't want them as a client.

PATAX
Level 15

Exactly, I agree.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Carina - good clients will have the patience to wait a bit because they trust you.  Not so good clients will flee on a whim.  Take good care of the good clients and you won’t have to worry about losing them.

Slava Ukraini!
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

If you did all the work, the returns have been completed, and it is just a delay of a few days?

No way, you are entitled to keep your fee, file her returns, and then tell her not to come back next year.

PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man is exactly right... He hit the nail on the head.

KRIS1
Level 2

We were told the 12th....then we were told the 25th.  Today is the 25th and it still is not up.  Other platforms, including Drake have it.  What is going on ProSeries?  You need to communicate!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

And it is still the 25th for another 17 hours.  

Slava Ukraini!