Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Hosting for ProSeries Professional

Taxprohere
Level 7

Is anyone using this?  I don't want to sit through a 15 minute sales pitch consultation because I just have this one question: are the data files automatically uploaded to the cloud, or you have to do it manually (as least selecting via Homebase)? WFH and my office, so if automatically synced, I may consider it for 3 months to be worth it, otherwise I and my little 🐁will continue to drag them to my Dropbox folder. 

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7

I was wondering if you ended up going with Cloud Hosting, and if you're pleased with the results.  I'm looking at it now.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

I haven't decided yet, if I will, won't be til next February.

Also considering upgrading to Windows 11 Pro for its remote desktop connection.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't have cloud hosting, but based on the comments I've read on this forum and others, cloud hosting is generally satisfactory.  However, Intuit's "partner" is Right Networks and it seems that other brand cloud hosting has a higher satisfactory rate.  I would look into other hosting, and not Right Networks.

But that doesn't mean it is problem free.  I've seen several posts that when there is a problem, Intuit tends to blame the hosting company, while the hosting company tends to blame Intuit (my guess it is usually Intuit's fault but they try to pass the blame).

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’m still not ready to entrust a 3rd party with maintaining the integrity of my files… and fwiw, i maintain a separate Cyber Insurance policy. No one is hack proof.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

Thank you so much for your comments.  Very helpful.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

As I'm not interested in cloud hosting for the platform itself, my goal WFH and office is to have a consistent method to transfer files and avoid overwriting.  Even if "almost 100%" successful, even a few tax prep redo's are frustrating!  So the option is to work just with one set of data files.

FWIW, vs updating to Windows 11 Pro for remote desktop (W10 Pro also has it), two I'll try are Anywhere and RemotePC software, among others, which enable remote PC control, lower cost than Proseries/RightNetworks hosting.  A secure connection is definitely top priority.

0 Cheers

Thank you so much for the info.

0 Cheers