Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040NR printing errors

OCEnAgent
Level 1

Preparer’s name on 1040NR printing issues. See picture attached.
Paid preparer’s name prints over the Firm’s name on the client’s copy of the 1040NR. Is there a way I can stop the software to print the preparer’s name on the return?

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze  can you add this to someone's fix it list?   @OCEnAgent Your picture didnt load, but I grabbed it from the FB group....its garbled in Print Preview, Print to PDF and Print to Paper

nrprinterror.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey there @Just-Lisa-Now- thanks for flagging me. @OCEnAgent we are currently investigating this behavior and will reach out to you as soon as it is resolved.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@OCEnAgent  you can choose NOT to print the preparers name on the form,   

Tools > Options > Firm & Preparer Info, uncheck the box that says Print Name in Signature Area.

0 Cheers
OCEnAgent
Level 1

That box is unchecked, it still prints my name on the 1040NR.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So that must be part of the programming problem, its not respecting that option either.

0 Cheers
DCI
Level 3

Fixing this issue would be appreciated - any idea how long it will take to be resolved?

Thanks

0 Cheers
h0250722
Level 3

This issue is still unsolved. Cannot print any paper returns for my clients. unchecking the box does  not help!

Pro Series please HELP fix it!! @Intuitjhaze 

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

@DCI @h0250722 are you both having the exact same issue as @OCEnAgent ? ("Preparer's name on 1040NR printing issues") .. please keep us posted.

0 Cheers
OCEnAgent
Level 1

Yes, its the exact same issue for me too. Checking or unchecking the box to print the preparer's name doesn't change anything, and the preparer's name is printed over the firm name.......

When can we expect any resolution to this issue? I have reported it many days back......

0 Cheers
h0250722
Level 3

Yes same issue here ...

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does it still do that when you 'print' it to a PDF?

The printing has been screwed up for the last few years, especially with State returns, and it only works if you 'print' it to a PDF first.  I'm sick of going through the extra steps because Intuit won't fix it.  Maybe @Intuitjhaze can push somebody to start working on all of the printing problems.

h0250722
Level 3

Yes it happens when printing to PDF. Also its only with the 1040NR - not with the other forms 

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

Hi there @OCEnAgent @h0250722 @DCI just checking in - has the issue been resolved? Fingers crossed!

0 Cheers
h0250722
Level 3

no, I just did an update. It is only with the 1040NRs

0 Cheers