Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete/Close Online Intuit Account: "We are unable to delete your data"

jneli
Level 1

Hello, I don't know where to post this because I'm getting nowhere fast with phone support. Was on for two hours yesterday and was passed around three different times only for them to close the ticket and not solve anything.

I am trying to delete/close my Intuit account. I used it for Quickbooks and ProConnect from 2013 through 2017 and have not used it since. To delete your account, on the (accounts.intuit.com) site, you go to "Data & Privacy" > Delete > Continue > Submit. I then received an email saying there are actions that need to be completed before the account can be deleted.

When logging back in, it gives the following error messages: "We are unable to delete your data. There is an active subscription for the given customer account number. Please cancel the account subscription and try again."

There's another error that says "We are unable to delete your data. An existing active billing profile exists for the given Contact Id. In order to delete your data, you must first update billing profile to another contact and attempt the delete request again."

Does anyone know how to fix these errors? I could not find where to cancel a subscription anywhere on the site. I am not actively being billed either, so not sure what they think is an "active subscription." I tried finding a subscription page from the ProConnect, Quickbooks, and the Intuit pages but nothing. The second error message makes no sense to me either. I'm a sole proprietor and have no other contacts, so how could I assign somebody else to my company if I'm the only user?

Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Kallana
Employee
Employee

You will need to call support to speak to the billing department for them to assist you with this.

0 Cheers
jneli
Level 1

Called three additional times between yesterday and today. Tried calling ProConnect, TurboTax, and Quickbooks. Was on for an hour with each one. Today I also called the Data Privacy team at 1-877-261-6470 and they didn't even know what to do.

They don't see any active subscriptions, yet the "tasks to complete before my data can be deleted" messages still imply I have an "active subscription" to something. I paid for ProConnect and Quickbooks services from 2012 through 2018. Nothing since. I have manually deleted all of my tax returns on the website, so those are gone. The company in question is closed and has been closed. But the rest of the account information like my business name, credit card accounts, business addresses, etc. are still in the system. This is what I want deleted.

The information here does not work: (https://accounts-help.intuit.com/app/intuit/2381392) as it does not give me option to cancel a subscription.

I have one credit card on file that is expired and it will not let me delete it. I do not have any other credit cards that still exist for this company anymore to even try a new one and see if the expiration date is making this an issue.

Here are the four "There’s something for you to do in your Intuit Account before we can delete your data."

Intuit Existing Billing Profile.pngIntuit Add Additiona Contact.pngIntuit Primary Contact.pngIntuit Active Subscription.png

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jneli 
Have you deleted data through Account manager? 

Use this link and go to the Data & privacy tab:https://accounts.intuit.com/app/account-manager/overview 

Delete_1.pngDelete_2.png

Reply back if you have more questions and we'll escalate this case. 

0 Cheers