Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Proseries ever be able to efile RITA? Other tax software companies provide for this including Lacerte. This is really becoming a hassle for my company and clients.

Lizard269
Level 3

Your Ohio customers would really appreciate adding efile capabilities for RITA.  RITA would be happy to work with you on this.  City tax returns really add a lot of work to Ohio tax preparers so any help on your end would be appreciated.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

I agree, it would be nice to efile the RITA returns.

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
TAXOH
Level 11

I agree, it would be nice to efile the RITA returns.

IRonMaN
Level 15
I have been voting in favor of Iowa needs so I think I can also vote for Ohio needs.  So I'll cast a favor in adding RITA.  Maybe she can then settle down and stop running around in this community :woman::woman:

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11
She does get pretty pushy at times
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Not just pushy. RITA is also very fussy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
I will 2nd the Ohio ladies and lizard and request RITA on an annual basis
TAXOH
Level 11
Thank you guys.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
Either there is not many Ohio prepares who use Proseries or it is too much trouble to program RITA for what its worth.  People have complained on here for years.  I will give up the IA 8824 fight for Ohio RITA.  Although I still want the IRS form 8903 much more than RITA.
TAXOH
Level 11
It would be nice to efile but my clients that have to file with RITA have gotten used to having to mail it in.  It is a bit more work but not horrible.  Most of my cities are Akron but probably 20% are RITA.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I think it is interesting that the consumer software TaxAct is capable of e-filing RITA, but the professional software ProSeries can't do it.
https://www.ritaohio.com/TaxProfessionals/Home/MefPartners
TAXOH
Level 11
That is interesting.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I see TaxAct has an Is address.  I wonder if they offer an IA 8824.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Lizard269
Level 3
Thanks so much for supporting this Ohio cause!!  What prompted this is I sat on the RITA webinar and they announced all of the service providers including ProConnect and Lacerte!!  As someone mentioned above, TaxAct too! Come on Proseries!! I know only a few states have city taxes, but i tell you they are worse than the federal and Ohio for the easy and medium returns in Ohio.  Happy tax season!
0 Cheers
kjwilson1965
Level 1

On RITA's website, it says ProConnect Tax Online is approved - what gives? Can we do it or not?

0 Cheers
SBR
Level 1

It appears that only Intuit's Lacerte and Proconnect Tax Online software can e-file Ohio RITA; see https://www.ritaohio.com/TaxProfessionals/Home/MefPartners

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Since I have been using PS for over 20 years, it took them 18+ years for them to program Philadelphia BIRT and NPT to be e-filed. There are so many exceptions that it doesn't work many times, but 18+ years?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Trish_H
Level 2

It's not very professional if you have to ask the client to create or give you their RITA login credentials so you can e-file their city return for them.

vjgcpa
Level 2

This has been requested for a long time.

Years back the response I received a response from Pro Series; If RITA does NOT mandate e-filing, they are not going to develop the abiltiy to efile. 

Seems like it comes down to cost versus benefit(how many preparers are there in Ohio that use Pro Series and file RITA versus the cost to incorporate efile). 

If those users could band together and request this change . . .

I have sent Pro Series another request this year.  Anyone who sees this should also put in a request to Pro Series