Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In ProSeries Basic, how do you get the Client Letter and Filing Instructions to reflect the AMENDED return information?

andy9963
Level 2

I'm amending a client's 2020 Federal and NJ returns in ProSeries basic (I prepared the original returns). The 'cover' client letter is referencing filing of Form 1040 (not 1040-X), and the Federal and NJ Filing Instructions show the NET of the original refund and amended tax owed (net is a refund, which the Federal Filing Instructions say "...will be refunded" to the taxpayer (not true - t/p owes on the amended and that will be electronically paid). Federal Filing Instructions does NOT inform the t/p the date that the funds will be withdrawn.

Spoke to P/S customer service, and the rep told me that a specific amended return client letter is NOT part of ProSeries Basic. But, to be fair, she said this was the first time this had been brought to her attention, and she was unable to find a 'how to' correct this.

Has anyone experienced this and figured a way to present a CORRECT cover letter and filing instructions?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Camp1040
Level 10

I have basic, use what prints then cross out, initial it, date it and write in the correct amount.

0 Cheers