Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will state software be available?

DonnaAbbott
Level 3

The website says MA will be printable on January 11 but gives not information as to when we can download it.  I've called tech support with no joy.  I do a manual update every day with the same result.  It's January 4, my credit card was charged 2 months ago, and I am still chasing my state software!

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would cast my vote for it being available for download one week from today or January 11th - whichever comes first.

Slava Ukraini!
linda2
Level 5

Am also waiting for NJ 9/30/23 corporate forms.  Due date is January 15, 2024.  Intuit--any idea when this will be available?

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
linda2
Level 5

Thanks but I'm not sure this is the release date for the fiscal year.  It might be for calendar year.  Doesn't say what year.

PATAX
Level 15

It's a little too early for any of the states. Even when they're ready, I wait a little bit just in case there's bugs in the system. We can't efile any returns now anyways.

linda2
Level 5

I agree about waiting until the bugs are worked out but these NJ September 30 year ends are due January 15.  These forms should have been finalized and ready for e-file well before the due date.  Not sure if it's NJ or Intuit with the hold up.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@PATAX I wish we could efile now! I have 17 return already to go.. on January 5.. earliest ever. these are S Corps or 1065s and typically do not have the hangups that early 1040s may have.  Looks like it is going to be another banner year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Only 17?  I would have thought that you would have at least 20 done by now 😉

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio I'm glad they're not coming in now for me. I have enough to do with the quarterlies, and my arm and shoulder are killing me. Hard to type with one hand.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@linda2 Wouldn't fiscal YE 9/30/23 be in the 2022 software?

Ex-AllStar
DonnaAbbott
Level 3

I have some housekeeping to do with my client letter and I need the state software so the fields populate correctly. 

Also recalculating my own Q4 estimate.  Would be nice to get a more accurate figure.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

January 11th is the date Intuit provided so I’m not sure you are going to find a more accurate date than that.  That doesn’t mean they can’t surprise you and have it ready a little earlier than that.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

Yes, it is but it's still not updated.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers