Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the easiest thing to miss?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

My vote goes to Dependent Care Benefits in Box 10 of the W-2.  So glad I caught it on a big return I was just working on. 

9 Comments 9
dascpa
Level 11

Over the years - - I totally agree with you. Can't **bleep** the number of times this was initially missed until the review.  Forms like a W-2, 1099, etc. should all be standardized.  

rbynaker
Level 13

Yep.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"What is the easiest thing to miss?"

Where the moderators step in and actually help someone.  Or were you talking in terms of a tax return vs this place 😜

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

Where the moderators step in and actually help someone.  Or were you talking in terms of a tax return vs this place 😜

So you miss Ashley? 🙂

I think I started in the Dave & Lisa era.  They were mostly hands-off but could be alerted if we needed something.  Once Intuit started handing out the keys to the executive wash room (translation, the ability for super-users to close/lock threads) there wasn't much need for moderation.  Now all we have is a macro pointing folks to the TT forum.  Woohoo, what an upgrade!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Ashley, Mindy, and Neil seemed to listen to us and actually cared about Intuit's customers.  So yeah, I miss Ashley .................... and Mindy .................... and Neil.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Don't forget about Bill Whitson.... he was great, too. 

And like the others, left for greener pastures (Bill went to TR I think...)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry.  Bill has been gone for so long, I actually considered him one of us. 😀

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
and Austin!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You mean the guy that we would tag and it would be days, if ever, that we heard from him?  Sorry, he doesn't get my vote.

Slava Ukraini!