Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to validate?

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i have this relatively large client that i see on a regular basis and actually just load  proseries  to a computer they have just designated for me. and prepare return at their location. I can access current year, but not any prior years.  And I like to cheat and look at the prior years to help in posting some of their investment transactions from 1099-B.  but now...I get the unable to validate. Anyone have any suggestions? was this the olde...'do something before xxxx  date" that I missed? or something else?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You don't want the icon.  You want to click on your computer start menu where the list of programs comes up and select it from there.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

evidently I'm doing something wrong..when i click on the icon...i don't get any options llike "proseries Update"

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You don't want the icon.  You want to click on your computer start menu where the list of programs comes up and select it from there.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

When I've had issues like this with Lacerte... I've resorted to just re-installing the entire program.    YMMV since you are using PS.

AND, I don't consider it cheating to look back at 'how to enter crap' from the prior year.  I'm well past the need to 1) remember, 2) recreate the wheel 😉

Good luck

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

ah,,, @IRonMaN , you are wise beyond your metallurgical years.......thanks 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers