Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes I just wonder out loud

IRonMaN
Level 15

Since it's been around for what seems like forever now, I was wondering why nobody has ever complained about the login time being so short until just recently.  And with only 6 votes, Intuit has instituted the suggestion.  Did they change the voting to only needing 5 votes before they look at instituting suggestions for enhancements now?  Ok, I'll go back to wondering without doing it out loud.  As a kid, did anybody else wonder how they got all of those musical acts into your local station to play all of that music?  Oops.  Sorry, I didn't mean for that wondering to be out loud.  I'll make sure I am switched back to silent mode.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/intuit-tax-advisor-idea-exchange/intuit-login-time-out-is-wa...

Slava Ukraini!
7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I interpret it a bit differently:

It seems like what happened is that Intuit just "fixed" what they broke.  And now they get to claim they implemented a suggestion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I wonder if they have a counter for that?   Based on honest to goodness real meaningful suggestions getting implemented, they wouldn't need a counter that had to count over 10.  Oops.  There I go again wondering out loud again.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

I also wonder where all of these Intuit Tax Advisor suggestions are coming from lately.  Are they real people making suggestions or are these like voters coming in from the cemetery to vote in a Chicago election.  Darn it --------- there I go wondering out loud again.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I also wonder where all of these Intuit Tax Advisor suggestions are coming from lately.

I saw at least one post mention Beta testing.  So I'm guessing that Intuit convinced a bunch of people to Beta test it, and that the people actually think that their suggestions will be looked at.

Intuit's version of Beta testing (at least based on the history of Beta testing of their tax software) is that they just want to know if it installs correctly or if the program crashes.  The developers really have no interest in knowing about other problems, much less want any suggestions for improvements.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, now that you mentioned that, I saw beta testing referred to in a post or too.  If you look up "Intuit beta tester" in the dictionary you will find that it means "sucker".

Slava Ukraini!
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

See @IRonMaN Intuit does care about us.  An easy fix.  Let's hope that they got it right and its 60 minutes and not 60 seconds.  You know, it's a colon thing.  [0:60]

I seem to remember Intuit charging my card like $700 for a $70 out-of-state tax return last April.  Decimal points do matter, right?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Decimal points only matter if you worry about money😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers