Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the state efiling not showing acceptance within an ample time period?

shf1957
Level 7

Is this something wrong with the actual Intuit Program?    I efiled some people yesterday morning and understanding that was a holiday, I didn't expect anything until today... it's now 1:30pm and still no state updates.. federal did say accepted and sent to states... but nothing so far.

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

Some states are slow.

Do you want to share 'what' state you are concerned about?

F R E E ** IRonMaN **
shf1957
Level 7

New York   and  New Jersey.

abctax55
Level 15

NY is notoriously slow.

No experience with NJ

F R E E ** IRonMaN **
tax456
Level 4

I e-filed 2023 CA and CO and both have been accepted, however, I am still waiting on 2022 for CO.  It took about 3 hours for the 2023. Hope that helps

dascpa
Level 11

DE, NY, CO, CA, NJ, FBAR, etc. are always slow. 3 hours is nothing to freak out about. As long as your system shows it was timely e-filed you're okay.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Careful @dascpa , I got hollered at yesterday by talking like that.  Folks evidently are a little uptight right now.  Where's the Fireball when everybody could use it? 😁

Slava Ukraini!
tax456
Level 4

Good afternoon @dascpa

I was totally NOT freaking out, just offering up my experience as help.  Have a great filing day 🙂

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youve got a timely electronic postmark on the return, even if it takes 4 days to accept, its still on time.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Some state entities are slower than others. Save the original successful transmission slip and you should be okay.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN somewhere in Illinois?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I wonder if the folks in Illinois have ever thought of changing the name of the state from Illinois to Fireball.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I miss Brother Cooley. I'm watching an old rerun of The Lawrence Welk Show on TV, when it first aired Brother Cooley was already a centenarian.😉

jg16
Level 2

I'm waiting for Colorado and Indiana, and a Louisiana return was just accepted after three days.  Annoying.

sjrcpa
Level 15

NJ can be slower than NY

Pardon IRonMaN
Accountant-Man
Level 13

NJ is typically 3 to 7 days slower than federal.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.