Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EFIN and trying to get acks from old EFIN

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Hi All,

I am wondering if any one has has this situation in the past......

I moved and had to obtain a new EFIN. I updated my EFIN with Intuit. I've recently upgraded my computer and transferred data from old to new machine. EFILE ACKS do not transfer over. I attempted to obtain the ACKs but it looks like it is only obtaining the ACKs from my new EFIN with IRS. I cannot get my prior ACKs from my old EFIN. 

I assume this is at the software level as Intuit has updated my EFIN to its newest number. IRS is only pulling the new EFIN. 

Has anyone run across this before or can a TECH help me out here or am I as they say SOL???? 

Thank you thank you!! 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Just a guess. Do you have a new ProSeries account? I know with Lacerte I could access old files with a different Firm number. Lacerte has a prep file that ID's the company. I had both prep files and just needed to assign old files with the old prep number and new files with the new prep number. Maybe PS has something similar and a call to support could help.

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

unfortunately i only have 1 acct. I tried talking to support but they could not help me. I am SOL but Ill keep old machine as a database. 

0 Cheers