Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is hosting worth the money

Hand1443
Level 1

Can I TRANSFER My 2022 Hosting ACCOUNT INTO MY PROSERIES REGULAR SOFTWARE ACCOUNT?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't use it so my opinion would be - no.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Even if it is worth the money, the hassle may not be.  There are many posts about issues.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

I keep it simple - no bells and whistles, and I have plenty of work.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

same here, no hosting, manila file folder instead of fancy bound folder.  have all the work I can handle (yet I still say yes to new clients but now just for simple returns.. I have enough complex returns..  but I am already getting closer to changing my voice mail inviting current clients to leave a message but if you are a new client, a message how my schedule for this year is all booked up). whether or not i actually make that change I still debate.

dascpa
Level 11

I said no for a different reason.  The tax data files are no longer mine (ProSeries hosting, I do not know about others).  They reside with the hosting company.  This, for many reasons was not acceptable.  I find it just as easy to install the software and have remote login to my office if I'm away from that computer.

TiredFarmer
Level 7

IRonMaN
Level 15

@TiredFarmer  - you took the words right out of my mouth 😁

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That might be a better question for your IT professional.

It may be worth it for some circumstances, but not worth it in other circumstances.  We have no idea what your circumstances are, of if other 'remote' options would be good for your specific circumstances.

As a side note, there are several hosting companies, and overall I've seem more complains about Intuit's partner (Right Networks) than other companies (Verito is one that is commonly used and recommended, but I have no experience with them so I can't comment on that hosting company).

sjrcpa
Level 15

Server cost, maintenance and capacity are also considerations.

But overall, I have seen more complaints about Right Networks and Intuit than kudos.

Ex-AllStar