Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 8995 for 1041 tax return

Tina25
Level 1

Printed tax return and form 8995 says do not file, form not final but when I check with the state of Ohio is says that all forms are final.  When will this form be final so I can finish this tax return.  

Thank you for your help

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I think you need to update, as the form is ready

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
28 Comments 28
Accountant-Man
Level 13

F8995 is a federal form, not OH, so OH's message that all forms are final applies only to OH forms, not federal.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I think you need to update, as the form is ready

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

I did 2 updates and the report since says its not final

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

from home base view choose update, scroll to "refresh up dates" If that doesn't solve problem go to start, scroll to ProSeries 2019 / tools - repair updates

0 Cheers
plw
Level 1

How to you get to repair updates when the software is in the Right Networks hosted environment?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry not familiar with networks, but on computer, you go to windows 10 start button, then , scroll to ProSeries 2019 / tools - repair updates

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

I didn't figure it out and the form is still not an final form.  I don't have alot of time to be messing with this so I will probably contact Pro Series.

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

I received another email and they said to go to start, scroll down to Pro Series 2019, then the last on is repair tools

Good luck

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

To all who cannot get a final form for 8995.  I talked with Pro Series and they are working on the problem.  Some clients are getting the the final form and some aren't.  Go figure, I would be one that does not.  They should have it fixed soon.

0 Cheers
UT1977
Level 1

Thank you. I have several Trust returns being held up by this issue. It's so frustrating to read that the Form 8995 is Final and EF Ready on the Forms Release Dates site, when it is neither.

0 Cheers
aguffre
Level 3

I tried both the "Refresh Updates" and the "Repair Updates" options & neither fixed the 8995 being not EF Ready.  The error on the top of the form even says "Updates Available" with a link, but when the link is clicked on, there are no uninstalled updates!

The form has all Zeros on it for the tax return I am waiting on & is completely unnecessary!  Talk about a pain!

0 Cheers
SoDak
Level 2

Did they say how soon they would have this issue fixed?  

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

Call for support to see if the matter has been taken care of.  I haven't had a chance to see if it's working on my computer.  

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

I will check tomorrow and if not I will be calling them back.

0 Cheers
SoDak
Level 2

I talked to tech support today, and they were able to fix the problem.  Call them and they will talk you through what to do.  

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

Thank you so much

0 Cheers
plw
Level 1

Ours is now working!!

0 Cheers
TFoltz
Level 1

Can you share the solution or is calling Proseries necessary?  Hate to be on hold for an hour for what should have been fixed with an update!

0 Cheers
SoDak
Level 2

I know being on hold for Tech Support is  not ideal, but in this case it may be necessary.  Tech Support had me uninstall certain aspects of the tax program, delete update folders, etc.;  and then reinstall the program.   The person I talked to was great, and I have had no problems since then.

0 Cheers
aguffre
Level 3

We ended up having to call tech support & I would advise the same.  For our system, it was our anti-virus software blocking some of the files from properly downloading and installing.  I have no way of knowing if that is what it is for everyone.

0 Cheers
Tina25
Level 1

I did call the company and they fixed my problem but sorry I didn't relay the message because we are swampped.

0 Cheers
def
Level 1

I've been updating every single day and mine still says "Not EF ready" and "update available now".

0 Cheers
aguffre
Level 3

@def  - It will not fix itself.  You need to call ProSeries & they can walk you through fixing the problem.  Make sure you tell them at the beginning of the call if you have any anti-virus software.  Avast was the problem causer for us.

0 Cheers
SoDak
Level 2

You will need to call tech support and have them walk you through what needs to be done to fix the issue.  I don't believe this will fix itself.  The technician I had was very helpful and got me running in less than half an hour.  Good luck!

0 Cheers
Acownt4it
Level 1

Who were your technicians? and what did they have you do? Maybe I can get one of them on the phone after my 45 minute wait. My tech told me that I did everything she was going to suggest and it still didn't work. Her solution was to remove the form, manually enter the information on an IRS form and attach it to the file for efiling. Are you kidding me?

This program is so maddening. It crashes every day and now this issue.

0 Cheers
SoDak
Level 2

I'm sorry that I don't remember the name of the lady that helped me.  I don't remember all she had me do, but I do remember her having me delete the update folder inside the program.  I also had to delete the 1041 portion of the program and reinstall it.  I understand your frustration and hope you get it working soon.

0 Cheers
TFoltz
Level 1

To all - - We have determined that even though the form says NOT FINAL across it, it can be e-filed!!  Looks ugly for our client copies, but our opinion is that it is not worth trying to get through to proseries tech support to resolve when it can be e-filed as is.

0 Cheers
fg
Level 1

well I have this same problem and I see that all the replies, fixes, comments are from 3 and 4 weeks ago.  So ProSeries has NOT fixed this evidently and they have certainly had enough time. so frustrating!

0 Cheers