Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Itemization Statements Get E-Filed with Business Returns?

jeffreyeng
Level 4

Do Itemization Statements (attached for reference) get e-filed with business returns?

Screenshot 2024-07-14 194147.png

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Yup, but did we get that from the one or two people's that actually knew the answer?  Intuit is a little like the IRS - ask three times and get three different answers. 😀

Probably, yes.  It was the moderator Neil and he interrogated the programmers about it so he could give us an answer.

If I remember correctly, a user of Lacerte has the ability to see exactly what was sent, but nothing like that in ProSeries, which is why we were pestering Neil to get a solid answer.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
GodFather
Level 8

Maybe a call to ProSeries Support can shed light on this question.  It would seem they should be but I don't know for sure.  

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Prior to MeF;  not a chance.....

Post MeF;  not likely

as @GodFather  said maybe Intuit knows for sure. 

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/modernized-e-file-program-information

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

With Pro Series, as far as I know, whatever prints out when return is printed, is what is efiled with the return.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"as @GodFather  said maybe Intuit knows for sure"

But who are those one or two peoples at Intuit that would actually know? 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Years ago we were specifically told the detailed statements were NOT sent to the IRS.  Only the specific things that were triggered by an "Explain" button and the "preparer notes" were sent.  Any other notes were not sent.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, but did we get that from the one or two people's that actually knew the answer?  Intuit is a little like the IRS - ask three times and get three different answers. 😀

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Probably, yes.  It was the moderator Neil and he interrogated the programmers about it so he could give us an answer.

If I remember correctly, a user of Lacerte has the ability to see exactly what was sent, but nothing like that in ProSeries, which is why we were pestering Neil to get a solid answer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I couldn't remember which moderator provided that information.  If you remember it as being Neil, then it was a good answer.  But as a side note, have you taken a cognitive test lately to see if you are presidential material? 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers