Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking Intuit anything you could about the product

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Received an email from Intuit with an invitation for a half hour Q & A interview with them.  I am scheduled for Friday at noon.. I have a few ideas to bring up with them.. anyone else doing this?

28 Comments 28
IRonMaN
Level 15

I wouldn’t waste my time.  Back in the old AllStar days they used to have sessions with Intuit staff and the AllStars.  They never listened to a word we said.  I’m guessing most of your time will be spent having someone from Intuit telling you how wonderful they are and then they will put you on mute while you speak.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Heidi signed up for it. She is brushing up on her English so they can understand her.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Heidi doesn't need to brush up on her English.  Let the folks at Intuit get a feel for what it's like to call their overseas support personnel.  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I got the email too, I dont have video capabilities for the 1 on 1 interview, so no $50 for me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

"They never listened to a word we said."

But they sent us branded gifts! I still have the paperweight and the tote bag. The ink pen stopped writing, though.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't remember getting a paperweight ---------- although I might have but maybe I gave it to one of the disgruntled user groups that were heading to Inuit headquarters with their pitchforks at the ready.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive actually got a bunch of stuff I still use, my TurboTax coffee mug is one of my favorite mugs, the logo is almost worn off though.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I do have to admit, I am still driving that Intuit Porsche.  Is anybody else still driving theirs?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

I already have a porch. And a patio. I didn't want to be a glutton and accept something I knew someone else needed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

I used to have transcripts from those meetings.  They were always good for a late night laugh during filing season.

I do still have the Intuit branded metal water bottle I use, and of course my little red sports car.   The car is getting a bit old,  I'm looking to replace it.  Maybe with a Mini Cooper; I'm hoping Intuit will at least cover the  down payment for me.BMW M3-red.jpg

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-    How do you explain that TT logo to clients 😉

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Jim while you are conducting the interview there in your office have you considered what songs you are going to play in the background? Eminence Front?😉

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

@Just-Lisa-Now-    How do you explain that TT logo to clients 😉

I only use it at home!

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's almost time ------------------------ good luck Jim!

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

ok.. just left the zoom meeting.. One of our gracious hosts that you see, Gabi was there along with three other Intuit employees.. it was a very good meeting I thought that included such topics as suggestions for new users, quick zooming, cross referencing, tech support, community concerns and an open suggestion time for any suggestions that I had.  

As part of that I told them as far as I go at least is that my biggest concern was form availaibilty.  Since I meet with all my clients in person and prepare the returns right when they are with me it is really diffucult and time impeding when certain forms are not available and I have to put a return on hold.  I even brought up, respectively, how there is a consensus that TurboTax seemst to get more support and forms available quicker than ProSeries. 

I mentioned as far as the community goes, the biggest issue there is the limitations on the search function,how searching for a topic previously discussed most often does not turn up in the search results. 

They asked if I called tech support and I really do not.  From what I read here many users of the community do not and I relayed to them the reason is the front line person taking the call does not seem to reallly know the program and they have to ask someone else there and so most community users just post the question at the commniuty vs calling tech support.

They asked what advice I would give to new users.  Among other points I suggested any user first have a grasp of fundamental, basic 1040 laws before using this software, or any software.  After that, if possible, to train under someone else that already uses ProSeries would be the best but if that is not available to go through the 1040, in forms mode, going down the 1040 as if you were doing the return manually.. double check all entries, checking totals with a ten-key, tackling basis items like W-s first before getting into more involved issues like Schedule C or E, as to get some momemtum built up in your tax preparation process.

Overall, I thought it went well. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

In your original post, you said you had a few ideas to bring up with them.  What were those ideas?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did they mention how much the "we-pretended-we-listened-to-you-fee" will be next year? 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

1. Form availability - Getting forms in the program timely so not to have to put returns on hold  It seem that TurboTax has forms availalbe before ProSeries does. This was my biggest concern, that once tax season opens that forms are available.  Tax season is so compressed that delays in a high volume office really puts a crimp in production and having forms available on day one is essential. Following the same topic, I brought up how essential it is for the states to be available.  A few years ago Ohio, the state I am most concerned about, but it applies to all users in other states, but I can only speak about Ohio, and how having dealays in states also puts a monkey wrench in production and having state modules good to go on day one of tax season is needed. 

2. Program Support - In the same light, overall support for ProSeries from Intuit, making it one of the priorities of Intuit. Some users in the community I mentioned to them think that Proseires is second fiddle to TurboTax and would like the same support for ProSeries.

3. Program updates - When an udpate comes through, letting us know what the updates fix, at least the major issues so we can know what was fixed and how that may impact returns we completed or working on.

4. Community -  Improving search results on the community.  How searching for a subject often does not bring up relevent answers.They asked me what I do if I have a tax question.  I mentioned that I normally do a google search for it.  I used to use the Master Tax Guide for those questions but searching online now is quicker and brings up more up to date information and is easier to use. 

5. Tech support - They asked if I contact tech support I really do not for a couple of reasons.  I have been using the program so man years and I have a real good grasp I feel on how the program works but we discussed how the first line of tech support used to know the progam but in recent years they seem to have little or no knowledge of the program or basic tax laws and calling is often fruitless. I said if I get stuck, which is rare, but if I do, and it seems that most people on the community also do, is to just post their question at the community.  Improved tech support would be desireable. 

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Jim. You did a good job.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Those are all great points.

Those points have all been brought up repeatedly and ignored.

With 1800 employees being laid off, it seems like an odd time for Intuit to be asking such questions.  Perhaps they are trying to figure out where to aim their AI initiative.  But since they have already been repeatedly told this points and have a gigantic list of suggested improvements, what was the purpose of that meeting?

PATAX
Level 15

Bill, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil, as the saying goes.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The squeaky wheel may get the oil most places but at Intuit they just remove the wheel and say they did it because that’s what we asked for.  

I’ve been around here since dirt and Bill joined shortly after.  We have seen and heard the same BS over and over.  The only thing that changes is the names of the BS providers.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I know, I was just trying to be optimistic. Every once in a while a blind squirrel finds the acorn, as the saying goes, I.E. there is always hope.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That’s a dead blind squirrel if he eats the Intuit acorn.😵

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

🤣🤣🤣

abctax55
Level 15

All I can say is:

Echo, echo, echo...... virtually ALL has been pointed/discussed with Intuit in previous 'meetings'. Yet here we are, again, still.  

Yep, jaded

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 Could that echo be Juno barking?😉🐕#1

abctax55
Level 15

Juno wasn't with us back then, it would have been Vonnie (our chocolate lab).

( Generic Comment )"