Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095A Proseries

kathycpa1
Level 1

1095A problem in Pro Series. Does anyone know how to add two social security numbers and allocations for two individuals in the shared allocation box? Both left home after high school in 2022 and no matter what I try I can only get it to take one social security number!

If I add it directly onto 8962 it deletes the first social and also errors. Thanks for any help.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@kathycpa1 wrote:

Does anyone know how to add two social security numbers

Assuming Advance credit was paid, you don't.  Just enter one SSN; it doesn't matter which.

For the allocation, you are entering the amount that your taxpayer is claiming, so there is no need for more than one.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p974#en_US_2021_publink100023503

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think @TaxGuyBill  told me Ive been doing it wrong...but that allocation box I enter the SSN of the taxpayer on THAT return that is sharing it with someone else, along with their percentages being reported on that tax return...I do the same for each other persons return. 

Im not sure how you would input sharing with more than 1 SSN like youre trying to do, youd have to use 2 different 1095A forms but that would double everything up....so I dunno whats right.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@kathycpa1 wrote:

Does anyone know how to add two social security numbers

Assuming Advance credit was paid, you don't.  Just enter one SSN; it doesn't matter which.

For the allocation, you are entering the amount that your taxpayer is claiming, so there is no need for more than one.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p974#en_US_2021_publink100023503

kathycpa1
Level 1

Thanks for responding.  Have a great spring and a big after tax celebrations!. 

0 Cheers