Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Print" option not always available to print forms

DG6
Level 2
I notice that sometimes the 'print' option is not available. I have experienced this with client letter, 2-year comparison, 5-yr summary and invoices. This only happens sometimes. To resolve, I have to close the file and reopen it. All of my print settings are correct. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've noticed it with the letter.  I typically don't print the 2 year comparison or 5 year summary so I don't know about those.

Slava Ukraini!
DG6
Level 2

Slava, thanks for replying. Are you having to close the file and reopen as well or have you found a workaround.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I had to exit the client when it has happened.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its some weird glitch, if you save/exit the return then reopen it, the options are available.

Have you tried just using CTRL+S and saving the file?  maybe its the Save part that triggers it to become available, rather than the closing and reopening of the file?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

I posted this workaround previously - rather than close and reopen the file, go back to the state and then back to the Fed.  You can then print - at least that works with the letter.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, that works too.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers

The professional tax program costs over $7000 with the discount for early pay.  The manual with all the necessary work arounds is another $7000.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I did find a copy of the manual for only $6950 on ebay.

Slava Ukraini!

Yeah, I saw that.  I was going to bid at the last second, not realizing it was “BUY IT NOW”.  Lost out to a CPA known as “Name your Refund”.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Speaking of print options, suddenly I have slip sheets printing with my Minnesota returns.  I never print slip sheets but suddenly Intuit decided I should.😮 

ProSeries is like a box of chocolates. 

Slava Ukraini!

More like a box of chocolates on a 100 degree day.  You really don’t know what your gonna get!