Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOI Reporting

jskouberdis
Level 4

Has anyone in the community had a problem filing the BOI reports with FINCEN?  I got through the form for a client and then attached a PDF with their drivers license and I clicked the Validate button.  I received a message that I had an invalid attachment file.  My file is a pdf with Foxit pdf software.  I tried sending a question to FinCen but their standard answer is copying something from the instructions and sending it to you with no interpretation.  This is a problem that somebody has to actually talk to you or go on your computer to solve.  I am at the point of telling my clients that they should seek an attorney or service bureau  to help them as they probably have computer staff on board.  Does anybody have any suggestions as to why they do not accept my PDF of the driver's license.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I re-took the picture of my DL and this time did front and back. somehow it got through.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
BobKamman
Level 15

First step would be to try it with an Adobe pdf.  Maybe your client can create one.  

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I had that exact same problem when filing for my own company.  I eventually got it to work.  During the rejection process i did email them and they wrote back a software fix was being released to fix that very issue. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So you have to turn a photo into a PDF?  Sounds like something that would trip lots of people up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jskouberdis
Level 4

Jim from Ohio,

So how did you get it to work on your end?

John

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I re-took the picture of my DL and this time did front and back. somehow it got through.

0 Cheers
jskouberdis
Level 4

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try that and see if it works.

John

0 Cheers
jskouberdis
Level 4

Do you know when the FinCen plans to update the software for this PDF problem?  There is nobody that you can talk to down there you can only email back and forth.

0 Cheers
jskouberdis
Level 4

Jim from Ohio,

I got it to work today by reloading adobe acrobat reader.  And it cleared all errors.

John