Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Minute

rcooley25
Level 11

How are all of you doing with the last minute rush. Hey Ironman, the check up  that  I told you I didnot need. Well I need it now.

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

Down to 11 pain the xxx left, six associated with businesses.  In past week sent three returns to Japan, one to China, one to London, one to Rwanda.  When did I become the foreign expert???  It's tough living between Baltimore and DC.  Lot's of people with investments overseas.

Today got a FedEx packet from somebody in New York (not a client) who is friend of a client.  She said my client recommended me so she just sent her stuff without even contacting me - on April 12th.

I'll be really glad when this is over.  And tomorrow got to figure when I can begin payroll tax returns for payments due Friday.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ve never been this far behind this late in the game.  Borrowing a little tune from Smokey and the Bandit - I have a long ways to go and a short time to get there.  But it’s a nice spring day and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever died from having their return extended.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

The problem with extensions is you still have to know how much to pay.  I did my largest extension ever today (over $6m).  I could not get hold of the attorneys, the comptroller, the buyer's accountants, anyone as they're probably all vacationing for spring break.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, but I’m trying to triage.  Returns with potential for having significant dollars due go to the top of the pile for the next few days. Refund returns and potentially chicken feed balance dues go to the bottom.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers